Chapter 11: Finding Meaning

Start from the beginning

"That's more like it! The blade is an extension of your hand. It moves with you. Don't break the dance between you and it!" With this encouragement, he got better.

"Yes, now swing more angled for maximum power! You should know you are actually stronger than me. Use that to your advantage!" Kiara says finally feeling like it was a fair fight. Roxas pushes this sword as they clang together.

"Don't push with your wrist push with your upper arms!" Kiara mentored making sure to tighten the grip of her sword.

"Yes! That's it!" Kiara said pushing back against him. Then she sidestepped sending him tumbling to the ground.

"Hey!" Roxas says. Kiara shrugs her shoulders and looks up it's well past mid-afternoon. Everyone is sat watching Kiara and Roxas spar.

"Well, done Roxas," Kiara complements offering him a hand. To her surprise he takes it. And to even more of her surprise, he flips her over onto the ground.

He lets out a roar of laughter Kiara feels her own laughter start to bubble up but is killed when she feels the tension in the air.  She looks around and sees a very angry looking Axil come storming from the tree lines.

"Ugh-oh," Both Roxas and Kiara say at the same time. Neither knowing which one upset him.

He stops in front of the two of them. His forest green eyes filled with unspoken anger. It made Kiara's heart stop lightly, though angry he looked incredibly handsome. Wait! Kiara did not just think that Axil was good looking, did she? Did she have a crush on him now? No. No way not gonna happen.

"Yo, pops what's up?" Roxas asks trying to sound unaffected by Axil's anger.

"Kiara! What have I told you! You simply cannot be wrestling you don't want to reopen that chest wound," Axil says lecturing. Kiara felt much like a child and she didn't like it but she knew he meant the best so she kept her mouth shut.

"And you Roxas! You know not to rough with her! Not only is she injured but she's also your senior and teacher. You mustn't ask like a child with her!" Axil yelled. Roxas looked like he was gonna say something but decided against it.

"I know, I'm sorry I was just having so much fun! It made me feel like I was back home and that I was normal again with elements. Don't yell at Roxas I was just trying to give them an easy day because Charles was so hard on them," Kiara rambled. Axil's eyes softened at this.

"I understand the battle is something you're passionate about, but you need to heal before you get in sprawls like this! You could've been seriously hurt," Axil says.

"Yes, I understand. I promise to be more careful in the future," Kiara says dishearteningly as she stood up, she could feel Axil's gaze on her back. She took in a few calming breathes and address her trainees.

"Okay, class as promised I'm letting you out early. Be ready for some swordplay tomorrow!" Kiara said looking back at Roxas with a grin. He matched it and nodded. The group left hastily after hearing Axil go off.

"Kiara, I really am sorry you can't fight," Axil said putting a hand on her shoulder. His green eyes soft and filled with care. His gaze was so serious and damn he was was even more nice-looking this way. Kiara had to look away.

"It's okay. I just kind of lost myself in it," Kiara said a small blush rising to her cheeks.

"You're face is red you feeling okay?" Axil asks putting a hand on her forehead. She moves his hand away.

"No, just tired of sparing is all." Kiara wouldn't meet his eye.

"Okay, but if you start feeling bad let me know,"  Axil said his face entirely too close for her comfort.