Chapter 9: Finding Stable Ground

A few more weeks had passed since the whole out of body vision of Alexander had appeared. Kiara and Axil had been working on the way she thought progress was slow and every time they did anything like that it made Kiara want to scream.  But overall Kiara started to feel like this place was getting to be home. She found herself worrying less about fitting in.

As Kiara sat watching the training battle, like always she found herself whispering moves that should've happened instead.  There were a few times where she'd almost move to show the people what they needed to do but stopped herself on account of last she did. Axil had seen her and chewed her out for it. 

Saying she could hurt herself by moving like that, but recently her chest wound had stopped hurting every time she breathed and now just hurt when it was touched or it was messed with. 

She watched one of the guys get punched square in the jaw because he wouldn't cover his face when he fought someone.  The guy who punched him pulled back and got punched in the gut. She felt herself cringe inward, this was the 3rd time today she'd watch him get punched in the face and the 5th time she watched the other guy get gut-punched because of his sloppy put follow through. He looked both looked no older than 15 or so. Then a few seconds later she watched it again, then again and again. 

That was the last straw Kiara shot out of her sitting spot and walked over to the two boys sparring.

 "Stop, stop. Jeez watching the two of you is driving me crazy!" Kiara said coming to a halt next to them making them freeze.

"Princess?" The one not getting hit repeatedly. He had blonde hair that touched his ears and soft green eyes.

"You, she said pointing to him. Need to follow through with your punches. You need to fully extend your arm straight then pull it towards your gut more. That's why you keep getting gut-punched. And You!" Kiara said turning to the other boy he had dark hair and two different coloured eyes. One was a bright blue and the other was a mint green colour.

"I swear on the gods if I have to watch you get punched in the face one more time I'm going to scream! Go to your block position," Kiara instructed. He did so but begrudgingly but he wouldn't dare ignore an order.

"Now for the love of Rhea pull your arms to cover your face! Or I'm going to punch you in the face myself!" Kiara shouted at the boy he kind of rolled his eyes but pulled his arms up higher.

"Now, fight. And I swear if you don't follow my suggestions," Kiara warns. The non-blocker scoffed. Kiara gave him a look.

"And if we don't what you going to do, little miss I lost my elements," he said locking eyes with her. Instantly an aura of darkness fell over them.

"I may not have my elements but I can still make you into plant fertilizer," Kiara said standing to her full height.

"Kiara? What's going on here?" Axil said parting a crowd that Kiara hadn't noticed existed.

"I was telling this brat here how to properly block, but it seems like he already knows everything," Kiara said her tone mischievous.

"Roxas, what have I told you about that attitude of yours?" Axil said looking at the teen with a quirked eyebrow. But Roxas just rolled his eyes and puffed out annoyed. This kid was irking Kiara more and more. Kiara felt her temper start to climb.

"It's not my fault princess over here started to interfere with my fight," Roxas says. At that Kiara's temper was bubbling, if she were a dragon her eyes would be so bright the mere sight would burn the eyes of anyone who looked into them. At that, she stepped forward and squared up.

"I prove to you how much training you really need," Kiara said.

"No, Kiara you're still healing," Axil started.