Chapter 4: The Dragon King

Kiara stiffens in the presence of the man who made her life much more difficult.  Kiara scanned the people in the room. There were only three, The Dragon King, a boy her age and a little girl. Kiara's eye was caught by the little dragon girl no older than ten. Her fiery eyes filled with fear, it made Kiara hesitate just slightly. 

The Dragon boy around her age came at her his sword the same as her own Katana expect the blade is clearly made of Iron. Kiara pulled her own sword out and met him.

The boy's eyes glow amber like the soot of a freshly put out fire and danced like flames. The colour never stayed the same.  Kiara's eyes flashed over to her father he was fighting the Dragon King. 

She focused back on her opponent. His eyes looked so much like the king's he must be the prince.

"You must be the Dragon Prince," Kiara says gritting as she pushed back with her blade.

"And you must the Fairy Princess," He says mocking her.

"Now, no need to be rude," Kiara says overpowering the prince and sending him backwards. 

 A large puff of fire came from the Dragon Prince.  She then took hold of water and put out the fire.

"So the rumours are true, Princess," Dragon Prince says attacking her with his sword.

"The ones of me being the most beautiful girl in the land or that I can control water?" Kiara asks winking. 

"The latter, considering I'd never heard the first bit," The prince says laughing. Kiara's eyes shifted to her father who's been disarmed. Kiara quickly threw up a wall between her father and the Dragonking. Kiara danced around the Dragon Prince watching her father build weapons of dirt and using them against the Dragon King.  

Her eyes were caught again by the little girl, she was now crying quietly. The poor thing much too young for war.

Kiara felt sorry for the poor girl.

"Hey, Princess pay attention!" The Dragon Prince says as his sword almost makes contact with the side of her ribcage.

"That was close if I didn't know any better I'd say you were trying to kill me," Kiara says.

"What would ever give you that idea?" He asks as he overpowers her and sends her flying into the side of the cave. The air is taken from her lungs as she scrambles to stand again. She sees her Father get racketed through the chest.

"Father!" She cries breathlessly as she watches her father fall to his knees. The dragon king laughs evilly and pulls his sword out. Her father falls dead on the ground.

"No!" Kiara says her veins pumping hard.

Kiara regains her composure. She faces the prince who looks at her with soft eyes.

Kiara summons water to encase the King. He dodges it carefully.

"What's wrong, princess? Angry?" The king asks laughing. Just then Alexander comes in.

"Kiara!" He calls instantly.

"Father's dead," She says Alexander's eyes go to the crumpled man. The dragon king laughs at the clear rage in Kiara's voice.

"Father! The gemstone is here somewhere let's find it before-" the prince says.

"Why would I leave now? When I can kill off my only rivals for the gem?" The dragon king laughs evilly as he puts his giant hand onto the wall in the back of the cave. The breathes fire into it and it melts away quickly.

"The power of one of the four elementals will open it," the king says. Alexander jumps to the king to stop him. Kiara's eyes aren't on the king but on the small girl watching silently as tears stream down her face.

Kiara had a sudden urge to save the little girl from watching this. She ignored the churning feeling that something bad was going to happen to the little girl. 

Kiara watched her brother and the king start to battle. Kiara saw the prince move to her again and she readies her weapon again.

"Sorry, about your father," the prince says sincerely.

"I'd say thank you but I'm afraid I might be next. This whole gemstone thing is so stupid!" Kiara roars as she swings her sword over the prince. Before the prince can respond they're thrown apart by the Dragon King. He stands back up and charges at Alexander again.

This pattern continues until Kiara's three bodyguards come charging in.  The prince has been thrown into battle by the three bodyguards.  Now completely outnumbered, the dragon king looks around for something to distract the rest of us.

His gaze lands on the little girl. Kiara instantly stiffens. The dragon King lifts the little girl and tosses her over the edge of the waterfall.

Kiara doesn't think about the battle or her now dead father. All she thinks about is the little girl. She without hesitation jumps off the cliff after the little girl and sees the prince do the same.

"Kiara!" She hears Alexander calls panicked. But all she could think about was that poor little girl.

Kiara sees the little girl further down the waterfall. Kiara swims harder to get to her before the end of the waterfall.

Once Kiara has hold of the little girl she tires to commands the water to smooth the fall more. Though she knew it wouldn't be perfect it save the three of them. Just as the three of them hit the end of the waterfall Kiara's head made contact with a rock on the bottom of the river bed.