Chapter 28

"I'm going with you," I said holding onto Meruem

"No," he said sternly, "You're not going anywhere."

"You can't stop me from going," I said, "I'm willing to lay down my life for you," I felt a cold, sharp, tip at the back of my neck.

"I said you're not going anywhere. Disobey, and I'll kill you," Meruem's voice was cold as the air around him. I felt as if I were clinging to a piece of metal. Meruem dropped his tail. "Take Komugi and leave before this place gets any worse. It's the only way I can ensure your survival," Meruem pushed himself off of me and walked outside. I ran after him. A huge bulky man with long platinum blonde hair blocked my entry to Isaac and Meruem.

"I can't let you go after them," He spoke in a deep voice.

"I am Isaac Netero's daughter!" I shouted angrily, "You're not stopping me from going!" I tried to push past him. However, I quickly found myself flying in the air before getting slammed onto the palace floor. Shock rang throughout my entire body. I could only gasp for air.

"I said I couldn't let you go with them," The man said again. This time it felt more sinister. I could feel myself shaking to the core.

"Silva," I heard Zeno say, "Don't overdo it,"

"Yes, dad," The man said. I shot up, looking at Zeno. I pushed myself off the ground. "I'm impressed you can stand," Silva said.

"Maybe I can reason with her," I looked over and saw Isaac in the doorway. He stepped towards me with an expressionless face. Isaac took hold of my arm and dragged me into a room. I felt my heart drop to my stomach. I stood like a soldier and braced myself for a scolding or slap across the face. Something. Anything. My eyes clenched shut, fearful of Isaac. I felt two arms wrap around and hold me tightly. I opened my eyes and hugged Isaac tightly. "You need to listen to him. Take whomever you can and leave. You've completed your mission. Well done, my child."

"I'm done? My mission is complete?" I asked.

"Yes. Go to my office. There are further instructions for you there. I'll miss you dearly," Isaac told me. I felt a pit in my stomach.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked fearfully. A chuckle escaped from Isaac.

"That's the first time I've seen you with such a distorted look. Don't worry for me," Isaac said, removing himself from me.

"Where are you going?" I asked, knowing full well where, "Please don't use it!" I began to plead, "It doesn't have to resort to that!" I grabbed his arm as tears started to stream down my face. Another soft chuckle escaped Isaac. He kissed my forehead and opened the door. I looked at him again, shaking my head.

"Silva and Zeno will take you back to their estate. After you've finished in my office, that will be your new home. I love you, my daughter," I gasped, more tears rolled down my face. He shut the door. I heard the lock click.

"Let me out! Isaac!" I called as I banged on the door. I formed a fireball in my hand and threw it at the door. The door didn't even char. "No... No! No! No!" I pleaded with myself. A few moments later, trying to burn the door down, it finally opened. In front of me stood, Silva. He stood aside and let me out. I could see the nen dragon flying away with Isaac and Meruem on it. "Please don't use it," I internally pleaded.

"Let's go," Silva spoke. My heart ached to watch Isaac leave, but for some reason, I felt more concern for Meruem. A part of me wanted him to come back. However, the realistic part of me knew better. I felt another tear run down my face knowing I'd never see either one of them ever again.