Chapter 31

Meruem P.O.V

I was in an explosion. The impact wiped most of my memories. My body was burned and shriveled. Two of my royal guards found me and revived me with their own cells. Now Youpi, Pouf, and I share a bond that allows me to know what they are feeling. They showed me back to my palace, which was now in ruins. I was exploring one room with Youpi and Pouf. Suddenly, Pouf disappeared and I could feel his anger and bloodlust. I walked out of the room to find him choking a young girl. He turned to me and dropped her immediately. He began babbling on. I wasn't listening to him. I was staring at the girl. She looked familiar to me. Just by looking at her, I could feel my heart pounding inside my chest. Her eyes seemed curious and fearful at the same time. She had a petite body. Slim and agile. A part of me wanted to hold her... as if I had done that before.

"Who are you?" I dared to ask. I could feel Pouf's anxiousness. It was almost as if he didn't want me to discover her. She remained silent. I put the tip of my tail to her neck. "Don't test my patience, human," I growled, "Tell me who you are," The girl swallowed. She pulled herself to her feet and kneeled.

    "I am one of your royal guards," She spoke. I smirked down at her. That couldn't be the truth. She looks far too weak. However, her appearance was very appealing to me. Even if she wasn't truly a royal guard, I can still keep her here just for me.

"No human has served as my royal-," I said, still maintaining my smirk.

"My name is Piper Hashiri," She said, cutting me off. I wanted to be angry at her disrespect. However, I couldn't find myself getting angry. Instead, I admired her. Her name... Her name was very familiar. I couldn't seem to remember. She had a sword on her hip and on her hand was a metal claw. I stared at the claw. I remember... I gave her the claw. I remember her sitting next to me. I would hold her and keep her close to me. Yes... She was my good luck charm. I looked over at Pouf, who now had a strong feeling of fear building in his stomach.

"I remember you now," I said to her, "My good luck charm,"

"I'm at your command, sire," She said calmly.

"There was one more guard," I said, "Pitou, if I recall. Where is she?"

"I apologize, sire," the human spoke, "I haven't seen nor heard from Pitou since the humans raided your esteemed palace,"

"That's right, " I thought to myself, "Human's raided my palace. I was challenged. I almost lost." Suddenly, I remembered her arms were wrapped around me. We were in the throne room. There was a sense of sadness that surrounded her. "I'm going with you," she told me. I didn't want her to go with me. I told her to leave and to take someone else with her. It was to keep her safe. Why is she still here? I need more answers.

"Pouf, Youpi," I said, "I want you to locate Pitou and bring her back," The two exchanged glances before bowing and leaving the palace. I waited for them to be out of range before turning to Piper. I grabbed her arm and pulled her to her feet. I gripped both of her arms.

    "Why the hell are you still here?!" I yelled, "I told you not to come back!"

    "As long as you're alive, my job is to guard you," She said calmly trying to hide her fear from my anger.

"Foolish girl," I said trying to hide my smile, wrapping her in my arms. She returned my affection and wrapped her arms around me in return. My smile didn't last long. The bomb that wiped my memories, it was poisonous. It's contagious. No doubt, she'll perish with me. "You need to know, I've been poisoned. I have no doubt that you've been infected by the poison as well. I'm afraid there's-" She cut me off again. This time, she grabbed me by the cheeks and kissed me. I wasted no time in returning the show of affection. She pulled herself away from me. My eyes widened seeing blood dripping from her nose.

"I already know," She said smiling at me.