The Hounds Of Baskerville (Part 2)

Sherlock drives up to the main complex at Baskerville, parks the car and he, Vaness and John get out. Another soldier leads them through barriers and towards an entrance to the main building. As they walk, Sherlock looks around at all the military men patrolling the area, many of them armed. Even the scientists in lab coats are being escorted. As they approach the entrance, a military jeep pulls up and a young corporal gets out.

"What is it? Are we in trouble?" The soldier, Lyons, asked.

"Are we in trouble, sir?" Sherlock said sternly.

"Yes, sir, sorry, sir." Lyons apologized.

Nevertheless, he steps in front of them and holds out his hands to prevent thrm getting nearer to the entrance.

"You were expecting us?" Sherlock asked.

"Your ID showed up straight away, Mr Holmes. Corporal Lyons, security. Is there something wrong, sir?" Lyons asked.

"Well, I hope not, Corporal, I hope not." Sherlock replied.

"It’s just we don’t get inspected here, you see, sir. It just doesn’t happen." Lyons explained.

"Ever heard of a spot check?" John asked.

He takes a small wallet from his pocket and shows the ID inside to the corporal.

"Captain John Watson, Fifth Northumberland Fusiliers."

Even before he finishes speaking, the corporal comes to attention and salutes. John crisply returns the salute.

"Sir. Major Barrymore won’t be pleased, sir. He’ll want to see you both." Lyons said.

"I’m afraid we won’t have time for that. We’ll need the full tour right away. Carry on." John ordered.

The corporal hesitates.

"That’s an order, Corporal." John said instantly.

"Yes, sir." Lyons replied.

He spins around and walks towards the entrance. Sherlock glances across to John with a proud smile on his face as they follow. Sherlock turned to look at Vaness who kept her eyes on her phone.

At the entrance, which is marked “AUTOMATIC SECURITY DOOR,” Lyons swipes his pass through a reader, then waits for Sherlock to walk over and do the same with his own pass. The message “ACCESS GRANTED” appears on the reader. Lyons then presses a button and the locks on the door disengage. Sherlock checks his watch.

Elsewhere, probably a long way from Baskerville, a message flashes up on a screen:

CCV1 • security authorization requested •
holmes, mycroft • priority ultra
processing CCV1 •
5555*0000*x1 //5894

The security request begins to process. At Baskerville, the door swings open and Lyons leads the other three inside, taking off his beret as he goes. As he leads them towards the next security door, the three talked quietly.

"Nice touch." Sherlock said.

"Haven’t pulled rank in ages." John replied.

"Enjoy it?" Sherlock asked.

"Oh yeah." John replied.

"Vaness." Sherlock called.

"Yes, Mr. Holmes?" She said with a humorous tone as she looks up.

Sherlock rolled his eyes but there was a smile in his lips. "Is that Snake Game?" Sherlock asked with a smirk.

Vaness blushed, embarrassed. Yes, she playing as for there to be 'typing' sounds.