A Scandal In Belgravia (Part 3)

NEXT MORNING.

Sherlock - now fully recovered - and John are sitting at the table in the living room. John is eating breakfast while Sherlock is reading a newspaper. Vaness is sitting on the sofa, eating her own breakfast on the coffee table as she can't go near Sherlock. Mycroft stands near Sherlock and John.

"The photographs are perfectly safe." Sherlock told Mycroft.

"In the hands of a fugitive sex worker." Mycroft said.

"She's not interested in blackmail. She wants ... protection for some reason. I take it you've stood down the police investigation into the shooting at her house?" Sherlock replied.

"How can we do anything while she has the photographs? Our hands are tied." Mycroft said to Sherlock.

"She'd applaud your choice of words." Sherlock said.

John frowns then glances at Vaness who just continued to eat.

"You see how this works: that camera phone is her "Get out of jail free" card. You have to leave her alone. Treat her like royalty, Mycroft." Sherlock said.

"Though not the way she treats royalty." John said still with a frown.

Just then the sound of an orgasmic female sigh fills the room. John and Mycroft frown.

"What was that?" John asked. He saw Vaness at his peripheral stopped eating.

"Text." Sherlock said trying to look nonchalant.

"But what was that noise?" John asked.

Sherlock gets up and goes over to pick up his phone from nearby. He looks at the message which reads:

Good morning, Mr. Holmes

"Did you know there were other people after her too, Mycroft, before you sent John, Vaness and I in there? CIA-trained killers, at an excellent guess." Sherlock told Mycroft.

He goes back to the table and sits down again as John looks round at Mycroft.

"Yeah, thanks for that, Mycroft." John said, though he wasn't really mad because if Vaness didn't stop them, it means it's for the best.

Mrs Hudson brings in a plate of breakfast from the kitchen and puts it down in front of Sherlock.

"It's a disgrace, sending your little brother into danger like that. Family is all we have in the end, Mycroft Holmes." Mrs. Hudson said sternly.

"Oh, shut up, Mrs Hudson." Mycroft said.

"MYCROFT!" Sherlock yelled furiously.

"OI!" John yelled simultaneously and equally furiously.

"Mycroft!" Vaness said angrily but didn't bother to raise her voice, her tone was enough. She hates shouting.

Mycroft looks at the four angry faces glaring at him, then cringes and looks contritely at Mrs Hudson.

"Apologies." Mycroft said.

"Thank you." Mrs Hudson said.

"Though do, in fact, shut up." Sherlock told her in a polite tone.

His phone sighs orgasmically again. Mrs Hudson, who was going back into the kitchen, turns around.

"Ooh. It's a bit rude, that noise, isn't it?" She commented.

Sherlock looks at the latest message which reads:

Feeling better?

"There's nothing you can do and nothing she will do as far as I can see." Sherlock said.