Body Swap

(A/N: I got really into writing this one, so I hope you enjoy it)

Zoot and Lips swap bodies for a day.

Two separate screams ring out from the bathroom and Lips' bedroom. Floyd and Animal run inside from the backyard, Dr. Teeth from the front yard, and Janice from her bedroom. Zoot stumbles through the bathroom door frame with his hair in a fritz and sunglasses hanging off his shirt. Lips throws his bedroom door open and meets Zoot halfway down the hallway. They stare at each other for a long minute before pointing at each other.

"You're me!" They scream in unison. Animal tilts his head to the side and Floyd and Dr. Teeth share a confused look.

"How did this happen? Why did this happen? Who the Hell did this!?" Zoot rambles to himself. Lips seemed to drift to something else, now looking at his sleeves. Janice places a hand on both of their shoulders and leads them to the couch.

"Now, let's see what this is all about".

"We switched bodies, believe us".

"I'm Lips in Sax Man's body and vise versa". Suddenly, Animal gives them a sniff each.

"Lips! Lips!" Animal yells after sniffing Zoot. Zoot scratches Animal in the spot he would only let Lips pet, bouncing his foot on the ground. It was definitely Lips. Lips was already sleeping next to him, snoring loudly. That was Zoot, no question.

"Well, that's the only way we can settle it. Now the question is 'Who did it?' Once that's answered, we gotta find out how long this will last," says Dr. Teeth. Out of convenience, the phone rings and Janice goes to pick it up.

"Hello? Oh, wow! Like, hi Bunsen! ... Is Lips and Zoot here? Sure, I'll put them on the phone". Janice hands the phone to the brass players and they put it on speaker.

"What's up, Bunsen?" Zoot asks, brushing through his goatee.

"I am so sorry! Yesterday, my new inventions, the Mind Swapping Pills, suddenly vanished and you two were the last ones seen near them. The effects will only last a day, but I apologize for the nasty surprise this morning. I was going to experiment with them on myself and Beaker," Bunsen explains, "they dissolve in liquid and I heard of you two getting a cup of coffee at the time. They must've fallen in somehow".

"That's why it tasted different," Lips takes note.

"It tastes different? I didn't notice". Zoot runs his hand through his afro-like hair.

"Thanks, Bunsen. We'll see ya later," says Floyd, hanging up on the doctor. They didn't need to go anywhere that day. No gigs or anything important, so no one would ask anything from them.

"Well, this will be an interesting day," Dr. Teeth comments. Everyone disperses to their own thing, leaving Lips and Zoot on the couch.

"Switched bodies, huh?"

"Yup".

"Why do you always wear these shades?"

"Why do you have a goatee?"

"Touché". Zoot slips his hand in Lips' and links their fingers together. Even in each other's bodies, they're still them. Lips stands up from the couch and stretches, popping several joints in Zoot's body.

"You don't stretch enough, Sax Man. It shows," Lips says, rubbing his neck. Zoot shrugs and lays his head on the back of the couch, resting. Lips walks to the bathroom again to look in the mirror. It was a strange sight to see his lover's face instead of his own. Even seeing his eyes was a surprise. They adorned tired lines under each eyelid that stretched past under the brim of his glasses. Under his hat was the bald spot he covers. The rest of his blue hair was messy with knots everywhere. To do Zoot a favor, Lips takes out his hairbrush and tries to comb out his hair. The brush eventually got entangled in the knots and refused to move.