Indirect Kissing

Dr. Teeth sharing a drink with Lips from the same straw.

Particularly slow days are certainly rare for the Mayhem. Dates between those involved in romantic relationships are a different story. You could always see Floyd and Janice on a small walk with some chit chat once in a while and Animal with his girlfriend Tammy being surprisingly calm, cuddling against each other. Though, the more surprising sight is the band leader and the quietest band member in a local cafe. Money had become short that week (the frog forgot again) and they could only afford a single milkshake.

"Man, cut short again," Dr. Teeth comments, seeing the minimal amount of cash in his wallet. Lips sighs, earning the keyboardist the knowledge of his misfortunes as well. They would've gotten two milkshakes, one orea and one mint chocolate, but curse the frog for forgetting again.

"We can just share, Doc. Just hurry, alright?" Lips whispers as the man at the register waits for their order. He seemed to be eyeing Lips in an odd and uncomfortable manner. The good doctor, without any other options, ordered a coffee milkshake (yes, it exists). If Up Late with Miss Piggy taught them something, it was to always be awake and coffee will sadly become your new friend. Lips guides them to a booth as they wait for their order.

"Man, I gotta ask the frog what his deal is with forgettin' our pay," Dr. Teeth mumbles to himself. A hand lays over his hands and gently squeezes them. Their trumpeter may be quiet, but his actions spoke with reassurance.

"Sorry, this ain't how I wanted our excursion to happen".

"No one saw this coming, Doc. It ain't your fault". Dr. Teeth gives him a soft smile as the order makes its way to their booth. Lips grabs the single straw that was provided and pops it into the beverage. Some dark green blush was seen on the trumpeter's cheeks after taking a sip and passing it to Dr. Teeth.

"Would this be considered indirect kissing?" he mumbles, rubbing his neck sheepishly. The good doctor simply smiled and planted a kiss on his partner's lips. It wasn't like he couldn't do that anyways. He tasted like coffee, courtesy of the milkshake.

"So, why did ya wanna sit down so quickly?" Dr. Teeth asks, pushing the shake to Lips.

"That cashier was giving me the side-eye. Didn't feel safe there".

"Well, you're always safe with me, Floofy-head". He chuckles at the nickname, slowly swirling the straw in the shake. Quiet moments like these are always cherished between the two(2). They didn't need anyone else but each other, and that's so worth it in the end.