Worst Christmas Gift

It's Strange Life
_____________________
A D D I S O N
December 25th
____________________

"We know you just returned to town but we were wondering if you'd be okay with leaving Australia for a bit. Ryder won't be able to leave the country. To keep you and your son safe." The officer smiles at me.

"I was just about to start a new job." I swallow.

"Your job will be informed that you are under protection." The lady tells me.

"So me, Ashton and Eli-"

"Unfortunately resources are quite limited so it would only be you and your son." She tells me softly.

I look at Ashton as he swallows.

"How long would we be gone?" I ask.

"There's no way to tell that yet." The chief tells me.

"I don't want to leave. Elijah and I are safe here. With our family." I tell them.

"Well maybe you'd be safer away-" I cut Ashton off with a look.

"Here I have someone to stay with me and Elijah all the time. I don't need to leave. I suspect you'll take care of the problem swiftly." I look at the officers.

"Yes ma'am. We are very good at what we do." He nods.

"Okay. Then I want to stay here with my family." I sniffle.

"Alright. Well we're going to set a officer outside your house." The detective tells me.

"He's not coming anywhere near you." One of the officers nods.

"We'll be in contact." They nod.

"Thank you." I nod as Ashton walks them out. I stare at the table with a turning stomach. "Fuck." I whisper to myself.

"Why didn't you tell me you went to see him?" My head flashes to Ashton to see him with his head against the door frame.

The rest of the family take this as a cue to leave the room.

"Ash-"

"No you know what, I don't want to hear about it if I'm honest. He's mine. He's my son, not that psychopaths." He growls.

"I was just scared, I wanted to make sure Elijah was safe. And the conception date was so unknown-"

I feel lips against mine. I kiss him back softly. Feeling his hot tears falling down his face.

"It's okay. I get it." He sniffles placing his head on my shoulder.

"I love you. I really do. I want to spend the rest of my life with you Ashton Irwin. I want to raise Elijah with you and have a happy nice house on a hill we're we can host family dinners and always have love. So I need them to catch him. I can't even breathe right knowing he touched our little boy-" I start panicking as Ashton holds my hands.

"Elijah is safe. You're safe. He's gonna be caught soon and this will all be over and we can live that dream you want." He smiles wiping the pads of his thumbs under my eye.