Chapter 70

I knew who this was. He is my target, the person who killed thousands, the person who took away the most important people of my life, the person who was going to fulfill my revenge.

"Keres..." I hissed, tensing up in the slightest.

"That's me." The villain lifted his head as if sensing something. "(Y/N), you're going to do me a little favour okay?"

"How do you know who I am?" If this guy knew who I was, that put me at a major disadvantage.

"Sports festival. Heroes really are stupid for putting the next generation on display for all villains to see. It's easy to gather information like that such as your Quirks which made it easier for me to know the limits of my opponent and such- it made it easier for me to kill them off." The thread of sanity holding me together snapped. The realization that this was the man who had killed the people I loved with all my heart had me going on a rampage.

A part of me expected him to just kill me off, which he didn't. Instead, he acted fast and flipped me around so that his chest was against my back with one hand restraining me and the other on my mouth.

"You see, I don't know if you already know this but I have a Quirk that has the capability of killing anyone off in an instant. If you don't want that to happen to you then I'd suggest you stop struggling now... see? That wasn't so hard."

This guy knew how to play with words to make you scared, and he was doing a terrifyingly good job at it. Is this how Todoroki and Bakugo felt? Were they scared for their lives? Or did they ignore every part of their body telling them to stop and just go for it?

Keres also tensed a little and lowered his head to speak in my ear. "As I said, you're going to do me a little favour okay?" He squeezed me a little harder when I didn't give him a response. And so I nodded the tiniest bit.

"Good. I'm going to let you go, and you're going to go back the way you came. When you see them you're going to act as if you were simply looking for me." I gulped, trying to suppress my shivering when he practically disappeared. My eyes scanned the alley, wondering where he could have gone. He was proactively hiding in the shadows.

I didn't want to fight this guy head-on just yet. He was much, much stronger than I had anticipated. I had to comply with what he told me to do.

I walked slowly, trying to process what he meant by 'them'. Who was he talking about? The answer to my question came quickly as red and blue lights flashed from all corners of the street, accompanied by a loathe group of heroes, most I recognized, Deku was among them.

"(Y/N) what the hell are you doing out here?" A hand grabbed me roughly, and my eyes adjusted to the lights to see Aizawa glaring at me.

"I was- I'm looking for Keres." I paused, wondering if I should tell them he was back there in the alley. "I... couldn't find him." Why am I defending a villain? What am I doing?

"Well consider yourself lucky. Midoriya, take her to one of the cars. Make sure she doesn't try to do anything on her own for the rest of the night.

Tight-lipped, Deku took my hand and opened the door to one of the police cars and lead my inside. Of course, I wasn't going to stay still. This was my revenge, my battle. As the heroes started spreading out I slowly opened the door. It wasn't until it was halfway open did an officer realize.

"Hey! Get back in the car!" I thrust it open all the way and made a dash for it, a few surprises exclaims from other officers, followed by several people chasing me was heard. Thank god for adrenaline because I was faster and lighter on my feet, and managed to outrun them all in a matter of a few minutes.

I slowed down, curving between narrow paths and roads. I wasn't sure if I was still on those marked streets or not. Either way, I had to find Keres. I found a building with a ladder stuck it the side and I climbed to the rooftop. Thankfully there was no worker there to scold me, and it seemed like the establishment was closed for the night.

I pulled out a knife in one hand and a gun in the other. I opened my mouth and spoke, "come out."

A few pressuring moments brought him to me. "Are you not a hero? Or are you simply a rule breaker?"

"I'm neither." I shifted around, trying to pinpoint the spot on where his voice was coming from, my gun following me.

"A villain, perhaps? I've heard from my acquaintances that you are a bit... different, shall I say, from your peers?"

"Does it matter what I am? I'm here to kill you, you should know that. Show yourself."

He did. He emerged from thin air, a large black cloak swaying around his shoulders. I jerked my gun at him and shot. I still had the BB bullets so it didn't do much, but I didn't waste any time and ran head-on at him, all my fears washed away as I replayed the fact that this is the man who killed Bakugo and Todoroki in my head.

I slashed my knife through the air, trying to land a hit on Keres only to fail repeatedly. I combined a series of punches and kicks as well, but that didn't work either. Keres simply shifted and ducked, as if this was child's play to him. He didn't attack, only dodged.

"(Y/N), you should stop now. It's futile." I jumped back and tucked my knife and gun in my belt, replacing them with a grappling hook and smoke bomb.

"You don't even know. You don't even know that you killed two people that I loved so much, as if they weren't even people, as if they were just obstacles that you had to eliminate-"

"That's where you're right. Every hero is a nuisance to me and my grand plan. I'm assuming you're referring to Bakugo and Todoroki I believe? Yes, I had to eliminate them first. As they are the future generation they were quite strong, and I simply eliminated those who I deemed the most bothersome. Soon, others will fall with them." With every word he uttered my hate for this man grew and grew until my hate burst forward with a battle cry.

I leaned into the air, but time seemed to slow down. Something told me that was the wrong time to act, and in the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of green. Keres raised his arm, activating his Quirk and aiming it in my direction.

Blood drenched the scene.