Chapter 69

I had to take action as soon as possible, and by that I meant today.

Yesterday and today I had to gather all the materials that I needed; knives, rope, my costume, weapons, and for safety reasons, a small medical kit. I was going to do it at night, just before curfew so that I don't draw too much attention.

My plan was simple: sneak to the rooftop of the dorm and jump onto the nearest tree. With the gears and tools I had with me, it would be easy. Yesterday after my little argument with Deku I observed the trees from the rooftop, judging which one was the sturdiest and nearest and when I found one I placed a piece of red tape on the ledge, marking where I should jump off.

After escaping the dorm I was going to run East. The day before yesterday I had managed to sneak into the room where they were planning their next and- judging by the information and papers- final attack.

A map pierced with dozens of red pins and lined with rope told me where the next attack was going to be. As if fate and destiny had deliberately made this easy for me, I had gathered all of the information on Keres I needed without any kind of disturbance.

I had also gathered new information on Keres which I was sure was going to end up to be useful. A police report with a few dried up coffee stains on the table told me that Keres DNA samples left behind from previous battles were off the charts. Basically he simply never existed in any records, until now.

Another coffee-scented report told me minor details about his Quirk, though the slight jiggle of the door handle had me panicking and I scrammed out of there before the person on the other side could see me. I read a few words which I filled in the blanks and came up with a summary: 'Petrification Quirk with deadly unknown Quirk.' That did terrify me a little. A Quirk that was unknown and petrification? It is scary, but I was going to face Keres either way.

Once I meet Keres for the first time I was going to kill him no matter what. I was going to make him suffer and pay for what he did.

I slung my mini backpack on my shoulders, a loose tracksuit covering my black costume. I walked silently in the halls, the sun's final rays leaking through the windows and soon disappeared behind the colourful clouds. Thankfully no one saw me and I didn't see anyone, and as I walked up the cold stairs to the roof butterflies invaded my stomach.

I was nervous as hell, but I had to do this. In case someone wanted to check up on me I left a do not disturb note on my door, and if the person still came in I arranged pillows under the blanket to make it look like I was sleeping. If it even gave me a second of time that was okay.

The wind started to pick up as I swung open the door, and I brushed a strand of my hair away from my face. Nearing the edge I took off my tracksuit and adjusted my costume, taking a deep breath as I stared at the tree. It swayed gently as of waiting for me to jump, and I didn't let it wait any longer.

The bark scraped against my hands as I held onto the branch, at least 15 feet away from the ground. My hands inched closer to the trunk and eventually, I dropped to another branch, and then another until I reached the ground. I whipped my head around, making sure the security around the dorms didn't see me before running East.

I remembered the exact location where the battle would be fought; between 36th will wood avenue and 41st street. Those were the quiet streets, the streets where people made secrets and fought, the roads where people tend to avoid. Gunshots were common, but today they were deathly quiet.

I kept my head down on the way there, walking quickly and silently as my brain thought of my knife piercing into his chest.

The sun had gone completely out by now, which was okay because the street lamps illuminated the place perfectly. I made it to the designated area, picking up my every surrounding from the cracks in the sidewalk to the moths that buzzed around the lights.

A pebble fell from the roof of a building and I immediately yanked myself up there with my grappling hook, then pulled out my knife and held it to the throat.

"Oi oi calm down, will you? If you want money I ain't got any." My eyes adjusted to the dim light as I realized it was just a worker. A broom by the side told me that he was cleaning the rooftop.

"My bad. Sorry."

I tucked my weapons away and watched the man leave with his supplies, mumbling something underneath his breath.

I jumped back onto the ground, and dusted my hands off, wondering where to look next. I turned into an alleyway that was compliantly painted over by the darkness. The pained howl of a cat made me jump when I stepped on its tail, then I stumbled back and shattered a glass bottle with my boot. Thankfully, someone caught me before I could fall on the shards

"Don't move."

This person wasn't here to help me, and that was the first thing I realized when their voice forced itself in my ears. It was cold and emotionless, yet had the dangerous tone of someone who was a real threat. I wanted to fall on the glass, that would have been much better than the current situation I was in right now.

The person's hands held me gently but with the intimidation that if I moved an inch or even called out for help, I'd be dead in an instant.

This was the exact moment when I thought;

'I found Keres.'