Chapter 24

I huffed and slammed the luggage on my bed, wiping my sweaty forehead with the back of my hand and gazed around my temporary room, exhaustion plastered on my face. Having to walk with a 40-pound luggage to the agency in the middle of the day with the hot sun breathing down my back was possibly the worst thing that has happened to me this week.

I met the hero Snipe at the station, expecting to hop onto a train, but instead got an unknown location sent to my phone, and was expected to carry my luggage 11 kilometres there. I wanted to set my luggage on fire and to make matters worse, it had no wheels. I figured Snipe wanted to train me as soon as possible, but this was cruel and my arms were practically jelly.

Snipe arrived here earlier than I did and assigned me to a cramped, yet decent room. I opened my luggage and began sorting my things away, curious about the training I was going to do with him. A part of me was glad that he made me walk, which showed that he truly wanted to train me and shape me into the best hero I can be, though the other part wished that the rest of the training wouldn't be as harsh.

A knock on my door sounded, and I allowed the person to enter. It was Snipe.

"Training begins at 10:00. Meet me at the training grounds, and don't be late." I nodded. I checked the time and had a few hours left, wanting to eat in my spare time.

Wandering to what I assumed was the kitchen, I pulled out a loaf of bread and butter and chomped it down. Since I'd be staying here for 2 weeks, I figured it'd be best to view the area and set out to explore.

It almost looked like a house and a dojo combined, with the typical Japanese sliding doors and rows of weapons of all kinds lineup against the walls. I made mental notes along the way noting every room.

It was peaceful, with few people that roamed around in business suits. In fact, it didn't look like an agency at all, more like a training ground, and was far from what I expected.

The clock struck 10, and I headed over to the training ground. My eyes widened at the sight, weapons upon weapons lined up against the wall, some which even I haven't seen. I was electrified and bounced from one foot to the other in anticipation.

A hard object hit me hard on the back of my ankles, causing me to lose my balance and fall flat on my back.

"Ow..." I propped myself on my elbows but stopped when I saw a kali stick pointed right at my throat.

"Rule number 3, always be on guard," Snipe said, pulling the kali stick away and extending a hand out to help me up. He tossed the stick to the side, raising his fists. I mirrored his actions. The training has already started.

"To start this off, let's see what you're capable of," I nodded and braced myself.

I knew little of martial arts and fighting styles and though I did develop a small and basic understanding, there was still much to learn.

"We'll be doing combat training for one week, then hero work for the next," he informed while sending block-able punches and kicks. I crouched and swung a leg out, aiming for his ankles. He swiftly jumped and avoided my attack, then grabbed my arms and pinned me down flat on my back. "You need training... Lots of training." I sighed and nodded.

From there on for a week, he taught me only combat training and moved hero work and patrols to the next. From tackles to learning efficient ways of restraining someone, I learned quite a few things that would be useful in hand to hand combat. I felt confident enough to think that I could kick Bakugo's butt, maybe even Todoroki's with my moves.

***

My toes were curled in excitement as the eighth day of my internship started. I skipped alongside Snipe as we strolled along the city dressed in my hero costume, the sun close to disappearing from the sky.

"You only had one week of combat training but I'm sure you'll receive more as you continue your studies in U.A," Snipe says before listening to something on his earpiece. He turned towards me.

"... (Y/N), prepare yourself. There's a villain attack nearby. Follow me, and be on your guard." I did as he told and sprinted after him.

We rounded a corner and faced a wreckage. A bank caught on fire, shattered glass littered around it, someone's shadow flitted in the building, which I assumed was the villain.

Snipe darted inside. I followed and winced as the smoke from the fires flew inside my lungs. it burned and I coughed. "Search for the villain!" He ordered. Confused, I paused in my tracks and caught sight of a teller crouched behind a counter, fear glistening in his eyes.

"Wait- what about the people?" I yelled. Snipe turned to face me.

"Rule number 1, capturing the villain is above everything else. Search the building, and quick!" In a flash, he was gone.

"What..." I shook my head, conflicted between two choices. The capture of the villain, or the rescue of the people in the situation.

I didn't have time to think, so I made the decision to search for the villain. If they weren't inside, then he's somewhere outside and most likely up.

I climbed the ladder and crept on the concrete roof. Sure enough there he was the same villain from the U.S.J. attack. The warping villain casually standing on the ledge as if he wasn't beneath a burning building.

He turned towards me, his purple aura contrasted with the black night. "(Y/N) (L/N)..." My hand hovered above my belt.

"What do you want?" I cautiously asked, catching view of duffle bags filled with presumable money by his side.

"I led you here for a reason. I, Kurogiri, offer you to join the League of Villains." I gaped are him, completely caught off guard. "The League of Villains strives to show society that the world of heroes isn't what it seems. Even you, a Quirkless girl, has doubts about heroes."

I shook my head. "I-I... You don't know anything about me! I trust them to protect and serve society... You're wrong."

Kurogiri stood there for a second as if trying to read me. "You'll understand one day, (Y/N)."

I charged at him, pocket knife in my hand, but he grabbed his bags and jumped off the roof. I peered over the edge expecting to see a body mangled on the concrete but saw nothing. Sirens and lights flared around the building, and I heard someone climb the ladder to the rooftop.

"I called reinforcements, did you find him?" Snipe asked.

I was unsure of what to say, processing my interaction with the villain. "... Yes, but he got away."