Chapter 23

I was soaked to the bone as rain poured down. Waking up late is not the greatest thing, especially when you're really late and in such a rush, you've forgotten your umbrella. A piece of soggy buttered bread hung from my mouth, almost slipping out when I stumbled over my untied shoelaces. I checked the time on my phone, 9:27. I'm almost an hour late. I mentally prepared myself for Aizawa Sensei's scolding when I rounded a corner and entered the U.A. gates. Slowing to a jog, I gulped the last piece of toast down as I arrived at the door, and slid it open.

It seemed like they were in the middle of an activity because everyone had a whiteboard and marker, both of which laid on my desk. All eyes were fixated on me as I took a step in, and I suddenly felt anxious.

I guess what I announced during my fight with Bakugo had the class questioning my entire existence, even more so since they all haven't seen me since my battle. Either that or because I looked like a drowned rat. I figured I would have to explain myself sooner or later.

Glancing at Aizawa in his sleeping bag, I was relieved knowing I would get away without a scolding and nodded in greeting when Midnight stood at the front of the class, presumably here for the activity.

I sat down and tapped Deku on the shoulder, visible confusion on my face and asked him what we're supposed to be doing. "We-we're coming up with our hero names, just write it down on that board." Thanking him, I stared at the white object on my desk.

'Hero names, huh?'

My thoughts and ideas were hard to think of as I tightened my body when I began shivering. The AC was on and circulating, definitely not helping with my soaked self. Hugging my form and closing my eyes, I tried to concentrate on the task, though I opened them again when I felt a warm jacket hung over my shoulders. Looking up, I saw Todoroki dressed with a comforting smile. I grinned back and thanked him as he headed back to his desk. I shifted the jacket around me and picked up my marker, my thoughts returning.

Midnight suddenly announced that we had to present these and called someone up, so I scribbled down my last lingering thought. Everyone didn't seem okay with the thought of presenting these, though the tension dispersed when my classmates began presenting silly and fun names.

I can't stop twinkling, Froppy, Red Riot, Uravity. Cool and unique names represented my classmates, which I hoped could be said for my name too.

"(Y/N)! You're up next!" Midnight chirped. I gulped and held the board close to my chest.

I avoided eye contact with all my classmates as I showed what was written on the board. "... I guess I should explain my hero's name. Well, it's really just my first name. I want people to think that I made it this far without a Quirk. I want to represent that 20% of the world without a Quirk, and show them that they can still do great things with or without powers. I want to show the world that almost anything is really possible if you put your mind to it.

"Also, I kept my secret from everyone because I didn't want you guys to think that I was weak, or incapable of the cool and awesome things that everyone else with Quirks does. I'm sorry, everyone." There was a moment of silence before a chair being pushed back was heard. Kirishima was on his feet, a kind smile decorated his face.

"Don't apologize, (Y/N)! I think I speak for everyone when I say that you're just as strong as all of us, and I can promise you class 1-A will support you through and through. I gave you the cold shoulder during the sports festival after your first fight because I was really looking forward to seeing your Quirk. I'm sorry for that, it wasn't a really manly thing to do."

A sense of euphoria spread through me, and I directed my eyes upward to see everyone else nodding or sending me thumbs up. "Thanks a lot Kirishima, I'm glad!"

I bounced back to my desk, satisfied with the fact that my classmates generally accepted me as I am, for who I am.

"KING EXPLOSION MURDER!" The attention of the room was on Bakugo, who held his sign while I shook my head at his hero name, which really sounded more like a villains.

Bakugo wrote something down. "LORD EXPLOSION MURDER!" I facepalmed. Bakugo wasn't getting the hint. He'll probably have to come up with a proper one later.

Aizawa woke up for an explanation of the whole process of internships, which sparked a strong interest in me, while flyers were handed out about the process and agencies. I examined my paper, which only held one agency.

Snipe's Hero Agency

As a request from U.A., the pro-hero Snipe has agreed to take you under his wing for your internship, and as you may know, he has experience in hand-to-hand combat and a wide span of knowledge with weapons, including guns. I believe he is the only one who can give you a firm grasp on combat and such.

-Aizawa

I grinned and folded my paper, then stored it away. The amazing cowboy-like hero Snipe and training under him was like a dream come true. I had always admired his work and expertise with weapons.

"Oi, who'd you choose?" Bakugo asked, one hand placed on my desk.

"I didn't choose, I was assigned to Snipe's Hero Agency, so I guess that's where I'll be going. Though this is really exciting, isn't it? Getting to train with pro-heroes and experiencing the hero life by their side... It's amazing!" I answered, unable to contain my excitement.

"Hell yeah. Deku here didn't get any." The blonde teased. I looked at Deku with pity, sure that he would've gotten some requests due to his cool and powerful Quirk.

"I-it's alright, I'm sure I'll manage somehow," Deku said, shrinking under Bakugo's glare. I reached out and ruffled his mass of green hair.

"Don't worry about it, Deku. Maybe All Might can do something for you, since you two seem pretty close, heh!"

He nodded, though he didn't say anything else. By now I suspected a secret relationship between Deku and All Might, though I wasn't sure what it was.

The day ended fast, and I wandered home with Todoroki and Bakugo at my side; Deku told me he had something he needed to do. The sky and sun seemed to merge together creating a cloudy yet colourful scene above us, though the one-sided bickering between Bakugo and Todoroki didn't exactly set the mood.

I sighed in relief when Bakugo stomped towards his house, away from the two of us. Light conversation occurred between us, which I enjoyed a little more than usual. When we arrived at his house, I swung his jacket off my shoulders and handed it to him. "Thanks for the jacket though I think I got it a little soaked, heh. Sorry about that!"

Todoroki shook his head and entwined his hand with mine. "Anything for you, (Y/N)." I smirked and pulled my hand away, waving goodbye when I skipped home.