"tell me about this boy"

chapter forty-seven: tell me about this boy

i am so sorry it has taken me so long to update :((( pls forgive me. i love u

FRIDAY EVENING

FRIDAY EVENING. Today was the day—I couldn't believe that Luke would be meeting actual members of my family, and I couldn't believe that I was so nervous to find out their opinions of him.

I had never actually brought someone home to meet my parents, so having the complicated task of bringing Luke home as a friend—who was more than a friend—was almost more stressful than I had imagined bringing a boyfriend or girlfriend home would be.

I had gotten off work about thirty minutes prior and was panicking about what to wear. Which was silly, I know, but for some reason I just wanted everything to be perfect tonight.

It didn't help that I was hyper-aware of the fact that if I didn't look at least sort of nice, my grandmother would go on a tangent about how she feels the need to take me shopping. Which would not be happening.

I decided on wearing a midi-length wrap dress that I had bought a couple of months ago—I had gone shopping with Emma, and she had adored it on me, thus she made me purchase it. It sort of made me feel like a housewife who probably had a very handsome husband, but with the slit that ran up the leg—it made me feel like a housewife who was in charge.

It really was a lovely dress, but it was definitely something I wouldn't usually find myself reaching for. I paired it with some dainty jewelry and a pair of white ankle-strap heels. My shoulder length mousy brown hair was loosely curled from work and I was genuinely impressed with how I looked.

I texted Luke to tell him that I was ready whenever—he was driving because I was sure I'd have a drink or two.

"Hey, are you still—" Madalyn peeked her head into my room and I watched as she stopped in her tracks, her mouth falling open. "Holy shit, Jo. I'm like, really attracted to you right now."

"Shut the fuck up, Mads," I said, laughing at her words.

"I'm not kidding! I'm not sure what's going on—but you look great," she told me with a smile. "I'm sure Luke will be dying to rip that dress off of you all night."

"Madalyn!"

"You know it's true—don't be so prude," she said as she shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. I tried to keep a smile from my face as I thought about all the possibilities of what might ensue later tonight, but I didn't let myself get wrapped up in it. "God, I bet you're thinking about all the unholy things that man is gonna do—"

"Out!" I yelled, causing Madalyn to laugh loudly.

"Fine," Madalyn said with a huff before walking out of my room. "I hope you have bad sex tonight with that attitude!"