01 / Bird Boy

"Yeah. But you gotta have choices when you're like me." "A player?" "Exactly babe."

++++
Told in Stanley's POV (I, We, He/ First Person)

Monday / 4:34 am

"Stan? What time is it?" "Four? I don't know." Eddies face scrunches up at my sentence.

"Why the fuck are you up?" "Why not?" His eyelids stay heavy as sleep runs through his veins.

"Stan turn the light off or something. Go to bed." Ben rubs his eyes. "Fine. You two suck." I chuckle softly, resting down beside Beverly.

Us four left our homes, none of our parents mind except my mom. She pays for our rent.

Eddie and I got thrown out for being gay, Beverly left because of her father's unpleasant ways. Ben chose to leave, to be with Beverly. He's always feared about her. Now he can make sure she's okay.

She stays smushed in between Eddie and I. Ben offered to sleep on the ground.

"This is the last month of school. Why can't we stay up late?" Beverly muffles my talking with her hand. "Hush now lad. Mommy needs her sleep." She sighs.

Monday / 6:25 am

"Stan wake up man. You'll be late." Ben taps my face gently. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier?" I whine standing up instantly. "We tried. You uh...you bit my finger." He furrows his brows gently.

"Sorry Ben..." he leaves the room as I proceed to get clothed.

My typical baby blue sweater with a white-collar sticking out. Some blue skinny jeans and my worn out, but decent white slip on vans.

"Here." Eddie hands me a breakfast bar as we rush outside. "We really need an alarm," I mumble cranking the car. "We do...you unplug it all the time." Beverly giggles.

Monday / 7:00 am

"Bye guys." I quickly walk to my locker, attempting to open it.

Recently my school grades have gone down a point or two. Opening my locker has become more stressful. And I've overslept a couple of times.

"What's up." I pay no interest to who's talking to me. Everyone crowds around their lockers, chatting before class starts.

"I'm talking to you." I open my locker, I smile. It quickly fades away as the person closes the door.

"What?" I snap at him by accident. "Feisty. I like it." He smirks pulling on my collar. "Your name?" I nudge his hand away. "None of your business." He snickers.

"I am talking to you. Shouldn't I get to know at least your name?" He raises his brow as I go through my locker.

"A bird book... bird boy it is." He shoves the book onto my chest. "My names-" "Nah uh. Didn't tell me your name the first time. You get called Bird boy now." He snickers as two other boys stand behind him.

"Isn't there another guy you can bother?" "Yeah. But you gotta have choices when you're like me." "A player?" "Exactly babe." He winks walking away. "Fucker." I mumble.