𝐂𝐕 ━━ Guiding Light

Depuis le début

            Elara tried to remember exactly what she had seen in the dream, but all that came back was a mountainous horizon and the outline of the little village cradled in a deep valley. 

            'I think he's abroad.' 

            'Who, Gregorovitch?' 

            'Voldemort. I think he's somewhere abroad, looking for Gregorovitch. It didn't look like anywhere in Britain.' 

            There was silence.

            "At any rate," said Hermione, pushing herself up and out of bed, "It's Harry's birthday today."

            "Oh, shit," said Elara, jumping up, "I'll be right back!"

            She ran up the stairs as quietly as she could, suspecting people were still asleep as it was very early in the morning. She whipped open the door to find Harry's glasses hitting him in the face.

            "Bad time?"

            Ron laughed.

            "Anyways, Happy Birthday! You're officially as old as I am!" said Elara, sitting next to him.

            Harry groaned.

            "When will you stop teasing me about my age?"

            "When you learn to respect your elders."

            "You two fight like a married couple. With that being said, I better be your Best Man, Harry, or I will not be coming," said Ron, a huge smile on his face.

            "Yeah, right," said Elara, "You'd be drunk off your ass before you could even make a toast."

            Harry fell back, howling with laughter. Ron rolled his eyes.

            "I have your present, Harry. Unwrap it up here, it's not for my mother's eyes,' said Ron. 

            'A book?' said Harry, as he took the rectangular parcel. 'Bit of a departure from tradition, isn't it?' 

            'This isn't your average book,' said Ron. 'It's pure gold: Twelve Fail-Safe Ways to Charm Witches. Explains everything you need to know about girls. If only I'd had this last year, I'd have known exactly how to get rid of Lavender and I would've known how to get going with ... well, Fred and George gave me a copy, and I've learned a lot. You'd be surprised, it's not all about wandwork, either.' 

            "Harry seems to be doing just fine without the book," said Elara, laughing, "I wouldn't trust anything Fred and George give you either. Anyways, I don't think Hermione would appreciate you reading a book to learn how to get going with her. Well, she'd appreciate you reading, but not that."

            Ron turned impossibly red.

            "Just tone down the apathy and keep up with her in conversation," said Elara, "I promise you, Ron, it's not as hopeless as you might think."

            Harry's and Ron's heads whipped over to her.

            "What — "