XCII ; awake my soul

* * *

            ELARA, HARRY AND Ron left the hospital wing first thing on Monday morning, restored to full health by the ministrations of Madam Pomfrey and now able to enjoy the benefits of having been knocked out and poisoned, the best of which was that Hermione was friends with Ron again. Hermione even escorted them down to breakfast, bringing with her the news that Ginny had argued with Dean.

            "What did they row about?" Elara asked as they turned onto a seventh-floor corridor that was deserted but fora very small girl who had been examining a tapestry of trolls in tutus. 

            She looked terrified at the sight of the approaching sixth years and dropped the heavy brass scales she was carrying.

            "It's all right!" said Hermione kindly, hurrying forward to helpher. "Here . . ." She tapped the broken scales with her wand and said, "Reparo." 

            The girl did not say thank you, but remained rooted to the spot as they passed and watched them out of sight; Elara glanced back at her. 

            "I swear they're getting smaller," said Elara. "Anways, what did Ginny and Dean fight about, Hermione?" 

            "Oh, Dean was laughing about McLaggen hitting that Bludger at Harry," said Hermione. 

            "It must've looked funny," said Ron reasonably.

            "It didn't look funny at all!" said Hermione hotly. "It looked terrible and if Lara hadn't caught Harry he could have died!" 

            "We've punched McLaggen" said Elara, glancing at Hermione, "feel like punching Dean?" 

            Hermione laughed quite loudly, loud enough that Elara almost didn't hear Luna calling for her and Harry. 

            "Hi, Luna!" said Elara, turning around to greet her.

            "I went to the hospital wing to find you and Harry," said Luna, rummaging in her bag. "But they said you'd left. . . ." 

            She thrust what appeared to be a green onion, a large spotted toadstool, and a considerable amount of what looked like cat litter into Ron's hands, finally pulling out a rather grubby scroll of parchment that she handed to Elara.

            ". . . I've been told to give you this." 

            It was a small roll of parchment, which Elara recognized at once as another invitation to a lesson with Dumbledore. Harry moved to peer over her shoulder.