XCVIII ━━ i can't handle change

☾✶☽

            ONCE BACK UNDER the starry sky, Elara and Harry heaved Dumbledore onto the top of the nearest boulder and then to his feet. Sodden and shivering, Dumbledore's weight still upon her, Elara concentrated harder than she had ever done upon her destination: Hogsmeade. Closing her eyes, gripping Dumbledore's arm as tightly as she could, she stepped forward into that feeling of horrible compression. 

            She knew it had worked before she opened her eyes: The smell of salt, the sea breeze had gone. She, Harry and Dumbledore were shivering and dripping in the middle of the dark High Street in Hogsmeade. 

            For one horrible moment Elara's imagination showed her more Inferi creeping toward her around the sides of shops, but she blinked and saw that nothing was stirring; all was still, the darkness complete but for a few street lamps and lit upper windows. 

           "We did it, Professor!" whispered Harry. "We did it! We got the Horcrux!" 

            Dumbledore staggered against Harry. For a moment, Elara thought that her inexpert Apparition had thrown Dumbledore off balance; then she saw his face, paler and damper than ever in the distant light of a streetlamp. 

            "Professor, are you all right?" asked Elara worriedly.

            "I've been better," said Dumbledore weakly, though the corners of his mouth twitched. "That potion . . . was no health drink. . . ." 

            And to Elara's horror, Dumbledore sank onto the ground. 

            "Sir — it's okay, sir, you're going to be all right, don't worry —" 

            Elara and Harry looked around desperately for help, but there was nobody to be seen and all she could think was that she must somehow get Dumbledore quickly to the hospital wing. 

            "We need to get you up to the school, Professor. . . . Madam Pomfrey . . ." 

            "No," said Dumbledore. "It is . . . Professor Snape whom I need. . . . But I do not think . . . I can walk very far just yet. . . ."