Chapter 32- AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Warnings ⚠: Child Abuse, Rape, Violence, Religion, Drug Use, Alcohol Use, Use of Slurs, Homophobia, Bullying, Mention of Suicide, Suicidal Thoughts, Suicidal Actions, Gun Use

Josiah's P.O.V.

-Sunday, October 17th-

After a pretty good day with Damien, I absolutely didn't want to go home, of course. But I didn't really have the choice.

So... Yeah.

The Chinese food was okay. There wasn't anything particularly special about it, unlike Damien claimed. I figured he would be wrong anyway.

Half the things he likes are disgusting as hell.

The door opens and I look up at it to check who it is.

I can't tell...

"Hey." I say.

"Don't talk to us." Avery immediately snaps.

Okay, good. It's just them.

"Where were you guys? Is Aunt Dahlia with you?" I go on.

Avery huffs and goes into the kitchen.

Alexa slams the front door shut, making me flinch.

I don't like that sound...

"Aunt Dahlia is with dad in the hospital. They sent us back here to pack our fucking bags because it's time to go home." She complains.

She sounds very bitter and upset. More so than usual.

"Is he dead yet?"

"No. Not yet. In the next couple days, he will be, though. And mom says we can come home now because she's going to need help with everything. And she kept going on about how lonely she's been when she's the bitch that sent us away." She comes over and sits on the couch.

I watch her carefully. People being upset never means good things.

"Being an awful person is a necessary trait for a Walker, so it makes sense." I sigh.

"Don't be disrespectful." Avery says, starting to make some sort of food.

"I wasn't."

"Don't fight with her, Josiah. I've told you a million times that you need to learn to keep your mouth shut, and now is the time to use that skill." Alexa tells me.

I do not have that skill.

She starts aggressively packing her bag.

"Are you pissed because you're leaving...?"

"Yes! As soon as we go home, I'm never going to see you or Aunt Dahlia again. Contrary to popular belief, I fucking care about family. And dad... You have no idea how much I care about him. Don't be an insensitive ass for once!"

"Don't talk to me like I haven't lost most of my family." I glare at her.

"Who's fault is that?" She retorts, "Just shut the fuck up. Dammit..." She mutters under her breath.

She's being weird.

"Don't you want your mom back? If you care so much about family." I point out.

"Would you want your dad back?"

"Yes. I do, everyday."

She goes silent instantly.

I don't know what she expected me to say. I would do anything to just have family who actually talks to me.