The Possibility of Love - Eren x Reader

Start from the beginning

Sheesh...

"If (y/n) wakes up and I'm not there, I-"

"You'll be fine, Eren. And she'll be too. But the problem is, we don't know when she'll wake up."

I catch your drift, Mikasa.

"She's going to...one day. And I'll be there on that day!"

"Stop shouting," she retorted, placing a hand on his shoulder to try calm him down. He finally sighed and sat back down on his chair, his gaze fixed on your sleeping face that he wished he could see alive again. You'd been in a coma for two months, and ever since, Eren had been by your side. He slept by your bed every night, and would sometimes talk to you even though he knew you couldn't hear him.

Of course I could hear him, he just doesn't know...

"Anyways, come eat lunch. You're probably starving." Mikasa broke the ice after a few moments of Eren admiring your sleeping beauty.

"I'm fine." he retorted, sighing as he slumped back in the chair. He'd been waiting since the day you were put in that bed... waiting for you to wake up and see his bright, turquoise eyes that beamed with determination.

"Eren." the female demanded, brining her expression to a rather scolding one. He'd been skipping morning - and sometimes lunch - meals ever since you had been in this coma, and would regularly get scolded by Mikasa for it. But this time, it seemed that she was rather pissed off more than usual.

The male brunette frustratingly ran a hand through his hair, and reluctantly stood up from his chair, taking one last look at your sleeping grace before turning away towards Mikasa. His eyes were filled with sadness and sleep deprivation. Every night, he'd stay up with you to see if you'd awake at any moment during the night, but as always, you didn't.

"Fine." was all he said before walking past his sister and out the door, his footsteps heading towards the Mess Hall. You heard the faint sound of his footsteps finally disappear, and you suddenly felt the presence of someone near your bed, gazing at you as they held a respective, soft glare from above.

"(Y/n)," began the voice. You instantly knew it was Mikasa, since you didn't hear her leave the room after Eren did. "Wake up soon. For you and Eren's sake."

With that, she left your sleeping mind and body on the bed by exiting the room and closing the door quietly, you hearing the faint sound of her footsteps that were slower than Eren's. The ringing of silence began to envelope your mind once again, leaving you bored and unamused at the look of another long, boring day.

Dammit, (y/n). You better wake up soon!

-------

The next day had somewhat rolled by quicker than usual, and for some reason, you began to become aware of the feeling of your body - feet, toes, arms, fingers. You had also felt the ringing of silence disappear as you began to hear your own steady, slow breaths. It was strange, but for some reason, you hoped that today would be the day you'd finally wake up.

As always, you felt the presence of someone next to your bed, sleeping soundingly on the white covers with their head rested on it. Their breathing patterns were slow and even, and never stirred nor whimpered in their sleep (like always).

All of a sudden, you had slowly opened your eyes, the blinding, white light of the sun causing you to wince. You shut then back close for a moment, before sucking it up and opening them back again, now used to the bright light. You saw the brown, wooden walls around you, with the single window on the side that revealed the outside with blue skies and white clouds, greeted by a happy, burning sun. You yawned as you looked down, seeing the white blanket covering up to your waist. You also felt a wrapped, enveloping sensation on your lower abdomen, and you instinctively unveiled it from the blanket. Before you was your waist wrapped around in white bandaging, coated with a light shade of red, which you knew was blood. The only thing you remembered was the feeling of a titan's bone crushing teeth puncturing your waist before it could eat you, and the sudden shout of your name before you blacked out.