(Modern AU) Secret Admirer - Levi x Reader

*Revised 07/05/2021

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀❁࿐✶⋆

   You sat at your usual lunch table, reading your favorite book with one hand, and ate an apple with the other. The sweet fruit turned into mush as you chomped away at the pieces, swallowing, then taking another bite. The sounds of loud students and unruly behavior filled the cafeteria, yet you were so drawn into your book that you had completely ignored the usual ruckus.

   It was your Junior year at Rose Academy, and so far you have been passing well and with ease with all your classes and extracurricular activities, not to mention clubs as well. School was tiring - no doubt - but you managed to pull through, and the result you got made you sigh with great satisfaction.

At least my parents are happy...

   The thoughts about school seemed to drift away, as you were once again drowned in the story of the book you were currently reading.

   From afar, a certain steel-eyed, stoic, male student was watching you from across the cafeteria, while you had flipped a page in your book and taking a bite into your apple once more.

   "Are you checking them out again, Levi?" asked one of his friends who wore thin, circular frames, her brown locks that were tied in a ponytail. Her brown eyes shone with excitement and joy, and her smile widened at his response.

   "Ugh. What are you talking about Hanji...?" he replied as he shifted his gaze back towards his lunch, in which he had a container with a turkey sandwich in it.

   "Oh come on! Don't deny it! Erwin, you saw him looking at them too, right?" she exclaimed, nudging the blonde next to her who had perfectly combed and styled hair. And not to forget that his eyebrows were indeed on fleek. All he did was shrug as Levi scoffed, turning away from them to shift his gaze somewhere else, but he found himself gazing at you again, staring intensely into your book.

Damn, always reading... I wonder what book it is...

   His thoughts were interrupted when a certain male, bowl-cut blonde neared you, his bright, blue eyes gleaming with excitement noticeable even from a mile. He held a stack of three books in his hands, all of them thick with pages and pages of mysterious stories. He was now interested in the interaction with the two of you.

   "(Y/n)!" the boy called out, before sitting down across from you. Levi kept his glare on the male as he conversed with you, kindly interrupting your page in your book. This blonde was none other than Armin Arlert, one of your closest friends that loved reading as well. He loved the same genre and authors like you, and you couldn't deny that he was the smartest and most intelligent being you had ever met in this school.

   "Oh, hey Armin," you greeted with a voice that was the equivalent of a tick higher than appropriate library volume. Your eyes shone with curiosity at the stack of books on the table, and soon they widening with excitement. He showed you the one on top, and your mouth went agape at the sight.

"It's the newest one - Life Beyond the Walls!" he squealed, as he glanced from the cover to you, his cheeks coated with a faint shade of pink.

   "How...how did you get it so quickly? I'm still reading Humanity's Last Hope!" you showed him the book that you were currently reading, but your gaze shifted back to the glorious book before you. You were about halfway through it, and you could read fast, no doubt - but Armin was faster, and you could never catch up to his pace.

"I may or may not have slept in my car outside the bookstore until they put it in stock..." he smiled sheepishly, his blush deepening at his embarrassing confession.