01|chapter 1

⭒❃.✮:▹𝗕𝘂𝗺𝗽𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗿𝘂𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀◃:✮.❃⭒

"𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘦

"𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘦𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘴𝘦𝘦𝘮𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘱𝘩𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘮𝘦."

-ˋˏ ༻✿༺ ˎˊ- 

Katerina Rose Kenneth was one of the most respected women in England, alongside her mother, Ruth Rose Kenneth.

Ruth had worked hard to make sure Katerina had gotten all the necessities she needed to be a true lady. Katerina, however, was the exact opposite of everything her mother wanted her to be. She was cold-hearted, talkative and at times, manipulative which drove Ruth to the point where she had had enough.

"You are going to America and you are going to marry!" Ruth had screamed at Katerina the night before, hopeful that her plan for Katerina would work, for she had arranged a wedding two weeks from then to a young, wealthy man named Caledon Nathan Hockley.

Katerina had been very persistent to not marrying a guy she had only met once at a cocktail party in London but Ruth was not letting Katerina ruin her last chance of living in luxury.

So now, as the diamond studded carriage came to a stop, Katerina glanced out through the small window to see the biggest ship known to man just floating in the water, ready to be boarded.

The liveried driver scurried to the carriage door, opening it for Katerina as the driver held out his hand for her to take. Her fingers clasped his hand as she stepped onto the small step before hitting the ground with her heels.

She took one look at the ship, the name TITANIC sprawled across it in black dried paint. She cleared her throat, turning to her mother who was beside her. "I don't see what all the fuss is about. It doesn't look any bigger than the Mauretania." Katerina wanted to shrug but knew her mother would lecture her later on about manners, for her mother did not believe in body language.

"You can be blasé about some things, Katerina, but not about Titanic." Her soon to be husband walked toward her and Ruth with a proud smile plastered on his face. "It's over a hundred feet longer than Mauretania, and far more luxurious. It has squash courts, a Parisian cafe, even Turkish baths." He smiled in amusement, pecking Katerina's cheek.

She stiffened, not wanting Cal anywhere near her. Yes, it was true he was rich, but Katerina did not care for money. She wanted adventure, mystery, true love. It was clear to anyone that would merely glance at the couple: a man that looked happy and prideful with the curly brunette that looked dismayed and disgusted.