Is that Pink or Purple?

CHAPTER SIX: Is that Pink or Purple?

On the water, you could see the little boats bobbing across the Black Lake.

The torches on the boats bobbed up and down as they carried the new first years across the lake with Hagrid leading the way.
On the bridge, the carriage slowed down as we joined the que to get to the front door of the castle, Neville and Luna were in a deep conversation about plants, whilst I talked to Hermione and Hadleigh.

The carriage we were in pulled up to the front door as the heads of House greeted us at the door, Drizella climbed out first then Harry climbed out last.

"Welcome back." The professors smiled as we walked past.
Looking at Snape he took a deep sigh and the side of his nose twitched, it was an improvement from being glared at.

In the Great Hall, the fires were burning with fresh logs, the beamed ceiling was hidden with the usual charm of the constellations and the candles were burning with some of them being replaced after burning down to nothing.
Down the side of the side, the fireplaces and the oil dishes had all been lit and polished for the new year.
Hermione wrapped Hadleigh and me into a hug before she was pulled towards the Gryffindor Table by Ginny as we clogged up the entryway.

"Where do you think the wax goes?" Hadleigh asked as we sat down with Padma and next to Jack.
I blinked a couple of times," I don't know?"
Hadleigh nodded," Then that's my year mission, to find out where the wax goes."
"You do that." I smiled as I poured a glass of water.

Padma smiled as she hugs us both," How was your summer?"
"It was really fun," I smiled.
Haddie smirked," We gave Celyn a muggle day out."
"How did that go?" Padma asked as she tried to hid her smile.
I took in a breath," I think I lost my spleen."
Padma laughed as the others in our year sat down next to us.
"Oh stop being so Dramatic, you left with all your limbs, "Hadleigh rolled her eyes at my dramatics,
"How was India?" I asked our dormmate.

Padma's smile broadened as she described all the colours, the food she and her sister ate and the events she went to. She mentioned a Wizard who was a year older than us she met at a Wizard bar who went to a Wizarding school concealed in the Bhangarh Fort.

On the step-in front of the head table, Professor Sinistra put the three-legged stool down as Professor Dumbledore places the hat down as he passed to his chair. As the professors' took their seats, I almost choked on my water as a woman dressed head to toe in a peculiar colour sat next to Professor Snape.
Lifting my glasses up, the light blue tint was taken away from the room revealing the horrendous pink colour of her 60s power suit. The colour was very rememberable, it was the same women who had let the Death Eaters into the Room with the blue Orbs.
"Holy Crap." I whispered," We are fucked."

The double doors opened before I could share the troubling news. Professor McGonagall walked in with the first years as they look around in awe at the ceilings and the gothic architecture of the Hall. The first-year class gathered around the front of the hall in front of the Hat, unsure what would happen next. A few gasped as the stitching on the hat formed a mouth and the curves in the hat made two eye shapes indentations.

"In times of old, when I was new,
And Hogwarts barely started,
The founders of our noble school
Thought never to be parted.
United by a common goal,

They had the selfsame yearning
To make the world's best magic school
And pass along their learning.
"Together we will build and teach"
The four good friends decided.

And never did they dream that they
Might someday be divided.
For were there such friends anywhere
As Slytherin and Gryffindor?
Unless it was the second pair