Educational Decree Number Twenty-Five

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: Educational Decree Number Twenty-Five

Could she stop smiling at me for five minutes?
I glanced over at Hadleigh as we climbed the Quidditch Pitch bleachers to our usual spot near the front with the rest of the Ravenclaw team. Jack waved us over and pointed to a large empty spot he had left for me and my friends to watch without getting trampled on.
Around us, everyone was either wearing red or green to represent. As per our normal tradition, we would side with Slytherin because our houses shared many of the same traits even though our views on specific political stances such as blood purity is where we differentiate. This year was slightly different as our house had a deep divide due to recent events.
In the observer towers, Umbridge was sitting next to Fudge which was almost unheard of that the minister would come to a school Quidditch game.
"Why are you smiling?" I questioned as I wrapped my arms around myself.
Hadleigh smirked," You know why, and don't drool when he flies past ok?"
"Bitch." I rolled my eyes," and I don't drool."
She smirked offering me a chocolate, "No, but it's fun knowing another way to annoy you."
Taking the chocolate out of the bag, I stuck my tongue out at her knowing she was not going to let this go easily.
"Don't make me regret telling you shit about my Saturdays." I groaned.
Hadleigh's face pulled into a large smile," Too late for that."
I groaned deeply as I took a seat.

"Welcome to the first game of the season, Gryffindor Vs Slytherin!" Lee Jordan yelled," My last season commentating and whoever is next, has a lot to live up to –"
"Jordan!" McGonagall scolded, but it had a hint of humour to it.
"Alright, but your gonna miss this professor don't deny it," Jordan spoke with a hint of cockiness to his words," Anyway, two teams battle it out – the first to get the Golden Snitch Wins –"

As Jordan went through the rules of the game Anthony was ranting about a group of Gryffindors he found during his rounds in the tapestry corridor. The third years were told of a portrait of bloody Mary and a mixture of folklore stories and went to investigate at night, like idiots if you ask me if they want to bleed from every orifice that's their choice but once a month or more than enough for me.
Hadleigh sighed as she sat on the bench, adding M&Ms, small chocolate frogs, and marshmallows to her popcorn giving her fewer bags to carry than before, as we waited 

The hatches under the stadium simultaneously from the right side opposite from where I was standing, streams of scarlet, gold, and white flew out at the same time as Emerald, silver, and white flew from the hatch under my feet. 
The two teams circled the pitch on opposite sides before taking their places on the pitch on either side of the white line.
"Is that Ron Weasley in goal?"
Looking up from my conversation with Jack, I stared at the goal to see a familiar ginger hovering on a broom in the centre of the middle hoop.
I open and closed my mouth in shock, they failed to mention that when I had breakfast with them this morning.
"What the holy heck?" Hadleigh scoffed," Ron made the team? How I didn't even know he could fly in a straight line."
I stared at the ginger, my fingers tapping on the side of the bleachers I didn't know what to think – I know we don't share player fixtures but it would've been nice if they said something rather than finding out on the day of a match.

In the white circle, Angelina Johnson and Graham Urquhart hovered parallel to them as Madam Hooch sat with a pair of goggles over her yellow eyes dressed in black and white referee clothes. The two shook hands reluctantly, the disdain clear on the Gryffindor Captain's face as she pulled her hand back and whipped it on the tails of her robes.

Three chasers on either team stood crouched on their brooms ready for the centre scrimmage as the two beaters sat on either side of the chaser formation. Crabbe and Goyle backhand swinging their bats to as an intimidation technique. Further back and above the rest of the players, the seekers hovered, Draco sat tightening the straps on his boots, arms, and gloves as Harry fixed the fastenings that kept his glasses in place whilst sat glaring at each other.
Furthest from the action near the perspective goal posts, the two-keeper watched on as Madam Hooch lowered to the grounds next to the trunk.