Room of Requirement

CHAPTER FOURTEEN: Room of Requirement

Educational Decree Twenty-Four:
'All Student Organisations, Societies, Teams, Groups, and Clubs are henceforth disbanded.
An Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club is hereby defined as a regular meeting of three or more students. Permission to re-form may be sought from the High Inquisitor (Professor Umbridge).
No Student Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club may exist without the knowledge and approval of the High Inquisitor. Any student found to have formed, or to belong to, an Organisation, Society, Team, Group, or Club that has not been approved by the High Inquisitor will be expelled.'

Climbing down the ladder, Filch smirked at us all as he picked the ladder up over his shoulder.
    "How did she find out?" Hadleigh whispered.
I shook my head, yawning a little," She had spies in the pub. That's the only way how."
   "Do you think Hermione will pull the club?" She asked as we broke from the crowds.
Raising an eyebrow, I sat down at the lunch table," No, it will just make Harry want to do it more."
Pouring a cup of coffee, it burned the back of my throat, but I didn't care. Binns's class was boring, usually, I would've found the Witch Hunts of the fourteenth century interesting, he somehow made it less interesting. 
From across the table, Hadleigh kept staring at me as she ate her bowl of fruit, she had been staring at me since breakfast.
What was I supposed to tell her, Delores Umbridge was a spy for Voldemort inside the Castle? Inside his head, I saw her standing next to Mr Malfoy over a blueprint, they were planning something, but I couldn't decipher if it was the Department of Mysteries or another Ministry owned building altogether.
Glancing at the head table, I noticed the woman in question wasn't there which unnerved me a little. Everyone around me felt like they were looking at me as if they were passing information to her. This was going to make me severely paranoid by the looks of it.
    "Did you send the note out last night?" I asked throwing a crisp into my mouth.
Hadleigh nodded cutting up her sandwich," Sent it just after you passed out from exhaustion."
I sighed tapping my fingers on the table," What if –"
"Stop it." She scolded," What if's only make the day longer and to be honest, I can't be arsed for that so, smile."
I forced a smile on my face my teeth resting on top of each other like a child's first smile. The What If in question was 'What if they are planning an ambush on the people guarding the what-do-you-call-it in the Department of Mysteries.' Or 'What if they are planning to attack the school.' Or 'What if Umbridge is working to manipulate anyone with ties to the Order to work against each other.' The 'What If's' of it all made my arms itch from paranoia and anxiety.
"Too much smile." She pinched her fingers together," just a little."

Over lunch, we started writing out the essay plans for Binn's class making sure each paragraph contained a specific point we were trying to make. Isabelle's arithmancy work looked like a jumble of letters and numbers that made my head hurt, everything about it caused an internal panic.
My paragraphs were split into, why muggles were afraid of us, ways we got out of being burned to a crisp like a sausage being cooked by my grandmother BBQ skills and how that has effects on today's society.
Rubbing my eyes under my glasses, I slammed the History book shut as the bell echoed for the start of after lunch classes.
Across the Hall, the Golden Trio were huddled together with a pile of gold coins in stacks behind three coloured fruits, a blueberry, a strawberry, and a banana.  I didn't want to know what they were doing, the thought of them plotting something terrified me as neither Hadleigh nor I could take on any more this year.
I am drawing the line with the D.A.
As second Lunch entered, we left to go to the library to find another book that might contain more information about the trial process of the witch hunts.
By the Door Neville stood with Dean and Seamus, the five of us hadn't talked since Seamus and I broke up in the summer.  Lifting his hand, Neville smiled drawing me to walk in his direction.
"Nev." I hugged him.
He rolled his eyes," Cellie."
"Hadleigh." My friend pointed at herself with a bright smile," Sorry, thought we were just shouting names."
"Where you off to?" Dean asked curiously, fiddling with a stack of cards.
"Library to get ahead before they start dumping revision tasks on us for Christmas." Hadleigh sighed," Because they will, Snape, McGonagall and Umbridge defiantly will."
Neville turned to me," Can I join, I just need to get my books from my dorm."
"Sure," I smiled," I'm heading that way anyway, gonna ask a portrait a question about their experiences as a quote."
Seamus didn't speak a word leaving an awkward silence for a good few moments.
"We'll find a table and see you in a sec."