Platform 9 and 3/4

CHAPTER FIVE: Platform 9 and 3/4

Kings Cross Station was exactly like every year.

Business-people pushed their way through, holding black leather briefcases or pulling a small weekend bag behind them. I pushed the trolley in front of me as I swung on the handlebars, Drizella trotted next to me with her tongue lolling over her teeth. Next to me, Neville was holding a moving cactus-like plant that he started studying last weekend.

To get passed the barrier, I snuck through the family entrance behind another family than waiting for my brother and Gran to do something similar.
Going down the platforms between nine and ten, we spotted a few people like Hannah Abbott as well as the Patil Twins as they ran at the archway

Walking down platform ten, we acted a Muggle like as we could until we got to the third arch out of the four.
I glanced up over my glasses at the bridge that connected the platforms and my eyebrows knitted together before I raised a single eyebrow. Moody was walking with several other members of the Order in a non-subtle security formation. Shaking my head at their blatant stupidity, I tried to forget I even saw it.

I whistled to Drizella who jumped on to the trunks as I ran at the wall. On instinct, I braced for an impact that never happened, even though my brain knew after all these years it wasn't there my eyes saw a brick wall.

On the other side of the barrier, I pushed the trolley out of the way as Gran and Nev came through next. Drizella jumped down from the trunks as I parked the King's Cross luggage trolley and rolled my trunk behind me to the luggage carriage.
As Neville and I had out trunks loaded, Gran stood to the side away from any pureblood family she could see only relaxing when my brother and I stood next to her.

Through the barrier, I saw the notorious platinum blond hair of the Malfoy's as Draco pulled his trunk behind him. Around his left eye you could see the remains of a purple bruise on his left eye however over time it was almost healed leaving a yellow tint to the skin in certain lights.
As they passed, I smiled sadly when Draco put on a brave face to greet Blaise, who stood with his mother and this year's husband.

Turning around, I was almost toppled by Hadleigh as she jumped onto my back
"So!" She squealed," Let's see it!"
Rolling my eyes, I moved the collar of my jacket where the two blue shields were pinned to my coat.
A mischievous smile hit Hadleigh's face," Do you know what we could do with this?"
"Hope they change their minds?" I suggested.
"No," Hadleigh sighed," Think big!"
I shook my head," No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Why not!"
I rolled my eyes," Because I'm not sneaking, you any food from the kitchen when I have to roam the castle at stupid hours."

Gran smiled proudly as she fixed my hair a little, not having the heart to bat her off, I let her do what she wanted.
"We have to go," I told Gran.
She nodded," Ok, and remember to come home for Christmas."
"We will," Neville spoke as we stood next to each other.
Gran's smile dropped a little," Oh, how you both look like them. Now off you go before you miss the train."

The whistle blew from the train behind us as Hadleigh lead us to the compartment with our usual group; Neville went into the one with Seamus and Dean whereas we sat with the other Ravenclaw's two compartments over.
Drizella made herself comfortable as Isabelle and Sue joined us in the compartment with a bag full of snacks for the ten-hour train journey.

The train jerked forwards, out of the widow, the four of us waved to our families until we couldn't see them anymore.
"Did you hear?" Isabelle asked as she opened a packet of M&Ms
I looked at her in confusion," Hear what?"
"Anthony Goldstein is the male fifth-year prefect."
Sue smiled," And then the female prefect has to be one of you two because it's not me, Mandy, Padma or Isabelle."
"It's Celyn." Hads pointed at me with a liquorice wand.
Isabelle pointed at Sue," Ha! Told you!"
"You betted on this?" I questioned, crossing my legs on the seat cushion.
Sue nodded," Yeah, unlike Gryffindor there aren't many of us so why not?"