The Stamp of Ministry Approval

CHAPTER SEVEN: The Stamp of Ministry Approval

"Rat!"

I screamed grabbing the butter knife," Where!"
Hadleigh laughed as she watched my frantic expression.
"Morning." Padma smirked," You alright there Cel, you almost drowned in your cereal?"
Nodding sleepily, I was careful not to touch my face – the amount of make-up I had to use this morning was insane; the bags under my eyes were just too noticeable.
Last night was awful. I was trapped, running around the Orb room till I found a random door that had no walls connecting to it then I fell and kept falling till I woke up.

Giving me a supportive smile, Hadleigh topped up my morning pumpkin Juice as Professor Flitwick walked down the table used 'Wingardium Leviosa' to hand out the hundreds of timetables he had in his hands.

MINISTRY APPROVED TIMETABLE BELONGING TO CELYN J. LONGBOTTOM (RAVENCLAW, FIFTH YEAR)

Monday and Wednesday.

First: Transfiguration
Second: Herbology
Break: 15 mins
Third: Defence against the dark arts.
Fourth: History of Magic.
Lunch: One hour five minutes
Fifth: Charms

Tuesday and Thursday
First: Transfiguration
Second: Care of Magical Creatures
Break: 15 mins
Third: Potions
Fourth: Potions
Lunch: One hour five minutes
Fifth Free Period.

Friday:
First: Defence against the Dark Arts
Second: Divination
Break: 20 mins
Third: Charms
Fourth: Potions
Lunch: One hour five minutes
Fifth: Study Hall.

Astronomy is at Nine thirty in the astronomy tower.

Dinner: 7 pm till nine

EXTRACURRICULARS:
Choir: Every Wednesday Fortnights at 6 PM in the Great Hall
Extra Potions: Every Monday at 5:30 pm Room 78
Gobstones: Every Saturday at 10 am Astronomy tower Quad
Study groups: Every Thursday in Free Period at the Library.
Quidditch: Ask the Captains for the time and place for closed practises.
Music classes: By appointment only, ask Professor Flitwick for times.

"Ministry-approved?" Padma questioned as she flipped the page over to the long list of extracurriculars," What's that supposed to mean?"
My shoulders slumped," Somehow, I don't want to find out."
"Why is lunch cut by fifty -five minutes?" Isabelle questioned," I used it as an extra study hall to prep for my next class."
"What has everyone got first?" Padma asked as a change of convocation.

Taking a bite of my breakfast, I used my hand to cover my mouth," Transfiguration."
Padma's face twisted into a smile," Finally! I am in the same classes as you!"
"I have Arithmancy first." Isabelle sighed," Once it was so interesting, now I'm not so sure."
Anthony didn't look so sure," What I know is that after this year, Astronomy can go off the Astronomy tower."
"It's sort of relaxing..." I said half-heartedly as I picked up my school bag.
Mandy tilted her head to both sides," Depends what the task is I guess."
"Can you see Elara, the moon of Jupiter?" Terry spoke with mysticism in a bad impression of our Professor as he packed up to leave," It is the eighth largest moon in our solar system and was named after one of the Lovers of Zuse."

Hadleigh and I linked arms together as we walked to transfiguration with Padma. During the walk there, Padma smiled as she spoke out the boy we soon learned is named Faris in the five years since I've met Padma; I've never seen her so happy.

Outside Professor McGonagall's classroom, I saw a few familiar faces as well as some not so familiar faces; the beauty and sadness of a split timetable meant that there where people in our year we had never met before and others we see every day.