138: Day of the Battle 4

Julianna looked up and raised an eyebrow towards the flabbergasted deputy general in front of her. Her side lips lifted upward.

"Well, ain't I amazing, Deputy General?"

The high ranking official realized how dire his situation upon seening that sneer from her. Out of fear, he started to run back to the city wall but before he could even do so, Miggy had already shot him using his rifle.

His precision was on point as usual. Kahit pa tumatakbo palayo si Deputy General A, he was still able to shot his left chest directly which caused the latter to fall dead on the ground.

"Thinking of escaping? I won't be son of my father anymore if I let any of these High Kingdom people go." Miggy swore.

Julianna whistled because of that but didn't comment.

Anyway, the four of them continued their battle at the frontline.

***

Meanwhile, at Symeon's side, they were also busy.

They hadn't join the fray yet.

Instead, he continued waiting and counted the time in his mind.

Dahil kasama siya sa pagpplano ng mga atake nila, he knew what and when would be the next move of his mother.

And for that, their side needed some time to prepare.

'Five minutes...' He thought, indicating the remaining time before they started.

He anxiously tapped on the table.

This waiting game made him think a lot of things. And most of it was about Julianna.

By now, he was sure the lady was fighting there at the frontline. She must be awe-inspiring to watch. Everytime he watched her battle someone, he always thought her to be very valiant.

Such an unfortunate thing na hindi niya nakikita ngayon na lumaban ang dalaga.

Of course, he was a bit worried too.

Julianna was sometimes single minded. When she was too absorbed in fighting, all she could think of was to attach her enemies. Sometimes, she wouldn't mind her defense much causing her to get injured.

This proved how much he knew her. If he would know na nabaril ang dalaga and was only alive because of the armor which her father forced her to wear, baka sumugod na sa kinaroroonan ng dalaga si Symeon.

But he had things to do on this side so his focus would naturally be on here.

Soon enough, the hand of the clock pointed at the perfect time.

He stood up and commanded to begin the assembling of their next powerful weapon.

***

All day, Julianna and the three lads with him fought at the front together with their troops.

They battered enemies here and there. Slashing, shooting and kicking as much as they could.

In fact, even the midst of their battle, they were evolving their skill as well.

Miggy's precision with guns both on his hands was getting polished.

Alvert's sword skill was getting cleaner and more accurate than before. His moves had lesser movements which saved him energy and enabled him to attack more people in one go. His attack was also getting heavier by time which made his target couldn't bear it at all.

As for Rui, he was naturally the most skilled amongst them mula pa noon. He was using two swords and had fast reception of enemies' moves so he could easily maximize his attack power and speed.

And Julianna... She had proven herself to be a little monster once again.

In the midst of her fight, she discovered a new attack which she called Boomerang Sword Attack.

As what was the name of this, the attack allowed her to destroy enemies' formation in huge scale at the same time, killing them despite this armor.

That's right. Yamashita could bear the gunshot power so naturally it could also penetrate those armors worn by High Kingdom people.

Nadiscover niya lang ang attack na ito ng may tatlong heneral ang nagdecide na magsama sama ng force nila sa pag-atake kanila Alvert at Rui.

In that dire situation, she decided to threw Yamashita like a boomerang and it passed through those three troops easily allowing her to kill all those in front in one swoop while Miggy took care of the rest using his guns.

Yamashita came back to her hand and that was how the Boomerang Sword Attack was born.

But then again, no matter how formidable they were, eventually, they started to feel tired too.

When Rui noticed na pagod na si Julianna and was nearing her limit, he convinced her and the othets to go back to the main tent.

Julianna wasn't a pushover.

Dahil ramdam na din naman niya ang panghihina niya, she agreed and went back to the base.

That made King Julius to breathe in relief.

He quickly asked for them to prepare food for them.

Nang makakain na ang apat, he told them to get some rest already.

"But what about the troops, Papa?"

"The frontlines have already been replaced by new batches, the same time the four of you leave. Of course, they also needed to rest. That's the reason kung bakit madaming troops ang dinala natin dito."

Julianna was relieved after hearing that. She complied to her father and got back to her tent to rest. But her sleep wasn't that deep at all dahil na rin rinig na rinig sa kinaroroonan niya ang mga putok at sigaw mula sa battlefield.

***

"Nana has already came back. Are you going to make your move, Emy?" Lie Chen asked.

"She should. At the beginning, I didn't agree to your son na madaliin ang labanan na ito. But knowing my daughter, as long as this war is going on, she will definitely persist to be there in the middle and fight.

"My old heart cannot take the anxiousness and worry for that long. So as soon as we could finish this war, the much better it is for us. I trust Emy can do every means to accomplish that."

"Julius, you think too greatly of me."

Lie Chen rolled his eyes.

Kailangan ba talagang umakto ni Emy as a humble person?

He knew her for more than two decades. These kinds of wars made her blood boil in excitement. In fact, this was exactly where she wanted to be.

Unlike Julianna who preferred the frontline, Emy would rather stay at the back and manipulate the war by planning and initiating her ingenious yet powerful attacks.

"But since you are placing all your trust on me, then I must fulfill your request. That is... If only you can wait until midnight." Emy said with a mysterious smile.

***