21: Rude

Dahil may kailangan pang gawin sila Lie Chen at Vaughn sa Grey City, Julianna and Rui also had to stay there for the mean time.

They occupied rooms in the Palace dahil na din sabi ni Haow.

And these past few days, Julianna actually got closer with the Emperor.

Mainly because he reminded her of her father kaya naman she acted naturally as she would noong nasa Magnolia City.

But that's the only time she would do so.

Kapag wala na siya sa harap nila Haow, she couldn't help her cautiousness.

These days, she had stayed with Rui alone.

Gaya na lang ngayon...

Both of them just came out from the palace and decided to walk outside to get familiar to the place.

They were finally at the market nang masalubong nila sila Lancelot at Diadem.

Emy told Julianna na those two were children of her cousin and her friend.

At mukhang sinabihan din ang dalawa ng mga magulang nila dahil they stopped when they saw them.

"Hi, Nana..." Diadem smiled at her.

It was weird for her to call a lad like that pero sabi ni Diana, that was her youth name. So she decided to call her that too.

Unfortunately, Julianna didn't seem to appreciate it at all.

"Don't call me that."

Nangunot ang noo ni Lancelot dahil doon.

This dolt...

Diadem was already being nice to her.

"Why do you need to be so rude?"

Julianna just looked at him.

"I am Yan." She simply said tapos ay naglakad na sila palayo ni Rui.

Yun naman ang naabutan ni Symeon at napailing na lang siya.

Gaya nila Lancelot at Diadem, sinabihan din siya ni Emy na maging mabait dito.

But it was the lad who was being aloof towards them.

"Just ignore him." He said to the two.

Bago pa lang din niyang kakakilala sa dalawa. And although he didn't like it when the two quarreled alot, he was still nice towards them.

Diadem smiled at inakbayan si Symeon.

"Don't worry. I don't mind his attitude that much. At least gwapo siya. Kung hindi, I might not be patient with him at all."

Napailing na lang si Lancelot.

"Kung okay sa inyo yun, sa akin hindi. They are here in Grey City. We are already being nice towards them. Why can't they be nice towards us too?"

"Come on, Lance. Hindi ka ba sinabihan nila Aunt Lucy at Uncle Franco? You should be more magnanimous towards him. After all, matindi ang pinagdadaanan niya."

"But..."

"No buts, Lance. Anyway, they will open up to me one day. Hindi ko titigilan yang dalawang yan."

Then a mischievous smiled appeared on her face.

***

Unfortunately, hindi lahat sila ay mapagpasensya kagaya nila Symeon at Diadem.

Lancelot, as the youngest of them, couldn't take the arrogance of Julianna.

Actually, maging si Rui ay napapailing na lang din dahil sa asal ng dalaga sa mga tagaGrey City.

She was very guarded against them. And her best defense mechanism was to be rude towards them.

Kahit pa nga anak ang mga ito ng mga kaibigan ng Aunt niya.

Anyhow, he just let her to act like that. As if kaya niyang baguhin ang isipan nito. Everytime he would try sinasamaan lang siya nito ng tingin eh.

"Wow... So this is the Grey Academy." Manghang sabi ng dalaga habang naglalakad lakad sila sa loob ng eskwelahan.

The academy wasn't the same as before. Anyone could already entered it.

Kaya lang naman mahigpit dati ang security noon ay dahil na din sa Black Council. Now that the said organization was gone, they no longer need to be that guarded.

Kaya din nakapasok ang dalawa at ngayon nga ay naglalakad lakad doon.

They were about to enter the multipurpose hall when someone blocked their way.

"Strangers can not enter this place." It was Lancelot and his friends.

Julianna simply passed him a look. She turned around and was about to go pero pinigilan siya ni Lancelot.

Rui curiously looked at the guy.

Lancelot blocked their way at ngayong paalis na sila, pinigilan naman sila nito. What was he really trying to do?

"Let go." Julianna even glared at him and to his hand na nakahawak pa sa braso niya.

Pero hindi siya agad nito binitiwan.

"Brother Yan, can't you be more nice towards us? Baka nakakalimutan mong you are sheltering in our city. We shouldn't be the one trying to get on your side but the other way around. It was the common etiquette."

Julianna chuckled bitterly. Was this guy lecturing her?

What was his right?

She grasped his hand na nakahawak pa rin sa kanya and pushed it away from her.

"Hindi ko nakakalimutan yun, wag kang mag-alala. I am very much indebted to Uncle Haow because of it. However, what does it have to do with you? You are also just under his rule so how are you better than I am?"

"Brother Yan!"

Julianna just smirked at him.

Once again she attempted to step away. But this person blocked her way for the second time.

This time, hindi na siya nagpigil pa.

With a few moves, she made Lancelot get on his knees.

Of course, his friends tried to go to his rescue but Rui simply blocked their way.

Lancelot grunted when he felt pain on his knees. Julianna kicked his back knee so they quickly lost their strength just like that.

"You..."

"Stay away from me. You are too weak to keep provoking me. I am still being nice dahil anak ka ng kaibigan ni Aunt Emy. But if you keep getting in my way, I will beat you thoroughly."

It was a clear warning.

"That's too much, Yan."

Napapikit si Julianna when another person interceded.

Bakit ba hindi na lang siya tantanan ng mga ito?

From this Lancelot to this guy...

How annoying...

"The same condition applies to you." She said to Symeon.

She tried to walk away again but this guy also stopped her.

Third time was still her limit.

She just merely made Lancelot kneeled earlier but for this guy...

She pulled out her blade and attacked him.

Symeon was quick to block her though.

He pulled his sword on time and shielded himself.

Sumunod na lang ng nangyari, both of them were already sparring, not even holding back at all.

"Oh no... This is bad." Lancelot uttered.

***