80: Reunited

Several days later, they finally could see the walls of Kurazu City from where they were. For sure, bukas ay mararating na nila ang city. But tonight, they decided to camp out for the last time.

Julianna had just laid on her sleeping mat when she noticed the starry night sky above her.

What a beautiful view...

'Great Gran, Carlos... Tomorrow, we will finally set our feet to Kurazu City. Kahit hindi pa ito ang High Kingdom, but to defeat the huge Boss Monster, we have to own Kurazu City first.

'Please, guide us. Let our plans succeed and our strengths prevail. So finally... finally we can have our official first win against Emperor Matsuhiko.'

With that wish, she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

***

Deep in the night though, black clothed men surrounded the four of them habang natutulog sila.

It was Rui who first woke up. He was always a shallow sleeper kaya naman mabilis siyang magising kapag may kakaibang nangyayari sa paligid niya.

His hand quickly reached for his katanas. Bago pa man may magawa ang mga ito sa kanila, he already attacked the nearest of them.

Because of swords clashing, nagising din agad ang tatlo.

Symeon and Julianna soon joined Rui in fighting the black-clothed men. Lancelot did the same too. Kahit pa hindi siya kagaling kagaya ng tatlo, he still trained with Royal City armies kaya naman kahit papaano he could already fight better than before.

The four of them were absorbed with fighting that none of them realized that one of these men actually dropped a small can of chemical around them.

This chemical couldn't affect the black-clothed men since half of their faces were covered. But for the four of them...

Lancelot realized that something was wrong around them. He smelled a certain chemical on the air.

"Cover your noses!" He yelled.

Agad namang tinakpan ng tatlo ang mga ilong nila.

But it was actually too late ng marealize ni Lancelot ang nangyari. They inhaled the chemical too much.

Soon, the four of them were already feeling their body losing their energy. One by one, they fell unconscious.

"Ha... About time they pass out." One of the black clothed men said, sabay punas ng pawis niya.

"They really fight hard. Even the princess did so." The other one said to the first man habang minamasahe pa ang balikat niya na tinamaan kanina ng sipa ni Julianna.

Hindi sumagot ang naunang lalaki but his eyes was fixed on Julianna.

"Men, carry them. We will go back to the city now."

***

Julianna felt a piercing headache when she woke up. She was even a little bit disoriented when she finally sat on the bed she was sleeping on.

Agad naman siyang natigilan.

Bed?

Why was she on a bed?

Groggily, she tried to recall what had happened. Doon lang niya napagtanto that on their last night outside Kurazu City, a group of black clothed men attacked them.

Agad na binalot ng takot ang dalaga.

Who were those men? Why would they kidnap them? Were they High Kingdom people? If so, why would she woke up on bed?

Julianna almost choked up because of countless possibilities na naisip niya. She even thought na nasa High Kingdom na siya ngayon being held captive by Emperor Matsuhiko.

Naiisip pa lang niyang mabibigo siya at mababalewala ang lahat lahat ng pinaghirapan nila, halos hindi na siya makahinga.

Bigla namang nagbukas ang pinto at pumasok doon ang isang lalaki.

"You're awake." Nakangiting sabi nito.

Hindi naman makapaniwalang tumingin lang sa kanya si Julianna.

When the man noticed it, he chuckled.

"What? Are you still sleepy, Nana?"

Julianna suddenly stood from the bed and ran towards the person.

"Brother Alvert!"

She hugged the cousin and couldn't stop tearing up. And here she swore several times never to cry again pero pagdating sa mga taong mahahalaga sa kanya, she couldn't help it.

"Hush now..."

"Brother, how..."

"It is a long story." Saka siya nito inalalayan paupo sa kama.

"I will be patient."

The lad once again chuckled then tapped her head.

"I will tell you later. For now, tell me if you are feeling okay."

"I do."

"That's good."

"Wait, ikaw ba ang nagpakidnap sa amin?"

Alvert had a playful smile.

"Nope. But I know who it is."

Itatanong na sana ni Julianna kung sino nang magbukas ulit ang pinto.

Another lad rushed in at nang makita nito si Julianna, he quickly rushed to hug her.

"Nana!"

"Miggy!"

Muli na namang naiyak si Julianna. But this time, her cry was combined with anguish. She was so surprised seeing Alvert at ni hindi man lang niya naisip na baka naririto rin si Miggy.

She always thought how she was going to face him. She was always thinking how was she gonna tell him na wala na si Carlos.

But now...

"Miggy..." She tearfully looked in his eyes.

Miggy just bitterly smiled at her. Then he wrapped his arm around her.

"No need to tell me. I know about... about Carlos."

Julianna leaned on Miggy. She was suddenly missing Carlos very much. She would be forever guilty for her dearest cousin's death.

"I am sorry."

"It wasn't your fault." Alvert said.

"That's right. No one is blaming you." Miggy added.

She sighed.

No one blamed her. That was all the more reason why she should blame herself.

***

It turned out Alvert and Miggy escaped from High Kingdom para sana iligtas sila Ford at ang mama nito.

But they were already too late.

Hazzard was quick to act summoning Kimiha and commanding the death of the two.

Nang pumuslit ang dalawa bilang gwardiya sa Geisha House na nasa Kuzaru City, ang mama na lang ni Ford ang naabutan nila doon. They found out, Ford died and was sent to Royal City.

They rescued his mother. But several days later, she also died from grief.

"I will really have lots of debt to collect from that monster." Julianna swore.

"Don't worry, Nana. We will be with you." Alvert said.

"I also have to collect Carlos' life from that dog emperor. Nana, let us join you."

Julianna felt the anger from Miggy. She couldn't blame her.

Kaya naman napatango na lang siya sa pinsan.

Since the three were reunited now, they should make the High Kingdom people pay another portion of their debt.

***