16: Sword and Relatives

"I didn't expect you to be awake now." Julianna said as she sat down beside Rui.

Agad namang tumingin sa kanya ang binata at halatang nagulat pa ito.

"Brother Yan, you already feel well?"

Julianna nodded then a smirk appeared on her face.

"Yah, you are still going to call me Brother Yan?"

Bigla namang nailang si Rui.

"Well... I am more comfortable with that. But if you want me to call you Princess or Your Royal Highness, then..."

"Shut it! Aish, who wants to be called like that? So irritating." Nababanas pa nasabi ni Julianna.

Rui quietly smiled to himself.

Brother Yan is still Brother Yan. What a relief...

"Anyway, ngayon ko lang nakita yang mga katana mo. Patingin nga..."

Hindi na nakaangal pa si Rui dahil agad na inabot ni Julianna yung katana sa tabi niya.

His face, however, twisted as if in great pain. Kakapunas lang niya sa isang iyon eh.

"Wow... what a very light sword." Manghang sabi ni Julianna. The katana was thin and long but it was feather light on her hand. It was also curved and more exquisite than any other swords she had ever seen.

"No wonder you were in great discomfort nung unang beses kitang nakita na humawak ng espada. This sword is definitely different than the common swords out there."

Julianna inspected it more. From the handle to its scabbard, it was very beautiful. That katana was moon gray in color with black ornaments on its handle.

"Mikazuki..."

"Eh?"

"That's the name of that katana. Mikazuki means crescent moon. Amongst my katanas, yan ang pinakakurbado."

"Oh, I see. So you are naming your swords. Amazing..." Manghang sabi ni Julianna. Then she unsheathed Mikazuki.

The sword sparkled when the light touched its blade.

"Look at its blade patterns."

Julianna did that. She immediately saw those crescent moon shaped patterns on it.

"Whoa..."

"Those crescent moons are not intended to be on the sword. But after the sword maker forged it, they appeared just like that."

Hindi pa man nakakareak si Julianna, Rui took Mikazuki from her hands and replaced it with the other one.

While Mikazuki is moon gray, this one is cloud gray. It had hazy, dreamy vibes on it unlike the first one which very vivid.

"This one is called Onimaru. My master said a samurai once used this sword to kill a dream demon."

Julianna was speechless.

Bukod sa napakaganda ng mga espadang ito, Rui also amazed her. So far, ito ata ang pinakamahabang conversation niya sa binata. She could really tell his passion for these katanas.

"Wow, Rui... I am not aware you are this excited about your swords."

Bigla namang nahiya si Rui. He seemed to get overeager again. He couldn't help it. If his Master didn't train him to be a Samurai Assassin, he would probably ended up as sword maker.

Natawa lang naman si Julianna when he noticed his ears getting red again.

"That's good to know you have this side too other than your usual blank slate state." She tapped his shoulder saka ibinalik sa kanya ang Onimaru.