100: Divine Festival: Banquet 3

(A/N: HAPPY 100 CHAPTERS, EVERYONE!!! There will still be lots of things going to happen here. I am really excited. Really! The Divine Festival is still about to conclude. Julianna's love story needs some development too. And of course, the battle with the Final Boss is the must awaited of them all. We are already at the last arc and I am wishing for your continuous support to Julianna's adventure. Thank you sooo much🙂)

***

"Well, since this is such a happy event for everyone, I have a proposal to make. If I am pleased with the tributes you will be giving me today, Kurazu City will be exempted to the tribute giving for next year."

This caused the officials to be excited. Obviously, every year na mangyayari ang Divine Festival, these officials needed to prepare for their own tributes to the Emperor.

The more pleasing the tributes were, the more secure their official title would be.

Kaya naman lubos nilang pinaghahandaan ng panahong ito.

But of course... Because this was an extravagant event, it didn't mean they all could support that one of a kind type of tribute.

Some of them had to sacrifice a lot in order to give the best tribute. Unfortunately, there were really some officials in Kurazu City, na talagang mayaman na ang pamilya mula pa noong umpisa so it was not a big deal if they would spend some money for the tribute.

Those rich officials could easily secure their position but for others, they needed to work harder.

Anyway, since they had already prepared their tributes this year, pumila na sila para sa pagbibigay nila ng mga ito kay Emperor Matsuhiko.

"Your Majesty, please take this gallon fresh spring water from Mt. Vadda. A jigger of this is said to be enough to cure any type of illnesses, whether it is natural or manmade."

"Your Majesty, I prepare this very rare tea from a Province in the West. It cannot be found anywhere here in the North and in order for someone to get in the west, kinakailangan pang magbyahe ng ilang buwan sa dagat."

"Your Majesty..."

At tuloy tuloy na nga ang pagbibigay nila ng tribute dito.

Meanwhile, Julianna was silently observing Official Song.

Although he happened to be their connection in this City, Julianna still couldn't trust him easily.

Ganun din naman si Lie Chen.

In fact, he didn't say anything to the old man regarding their overall plan. All he knew was, the two of them wanted to attend this banquet under his fake tutelage to scout the High Kingdom folks.

"Official Song, how about you? Hindi ka ba pipila para ialay ang tribute mo sa dog Emperor ng High Kingdom?" Julianna finally asked while swirling a cup of tea on her hand. She said this in a low voice at tanging silang tatlo lang ang nakarinig noon.

"If I were you, you would not address him like that in this place. If someone hear you doing so..."

"Don't worry, I know very well how to control my voice. It was just you and Uncle who heard that. So not unless you would announce it around here, no one else would be able to know about what I just said.

"Anyway, you are still not answering my question. Aren't you supposed to line with these mutts and offer your tribute to the dog Emperor?"

"Nana, seriously..." Lie Chen finally dissuaded her.

"I am just asking, Uncle. Why? Hindi ka ba nagtataka kung bakit hindi pa rin siya napila?"

"I am sure Official Song has his own arrangement. Malay mo, he happens to have the best tribute so he is just waiting to present it at the end."

"Best tribute, eh? He better makes sure that it isn't us whom he will present to the dog Emperor. Because if that is really the case, I swear, I will end his life using my own sword."

Official Song didn't say anything after that.

Actually, Lie Chen might seem to be on Official Song's side but in truth, he was fanning Julianna's threat towards him.

If this old man was really planning to betray them now, he would definitely not stop Julianna from wasting his old blood in this hall.

Anyway, Julianna no longer pursued the topic. She had already given the threat. The next one, if this old man really dared to, she would just act accordingly. By now, she would just give him some benefit of the doubt. Afterall, he decided to work with them. Hopefully, he wouldn't turn into a**hole.

Soon, paubos na ang mga nakapila para magbigay ng tribute. Official Song finally joined them. But his tribute was carried by two of his people. It was in a basket and covered by a large piece of cloth.

When everyone saw that, they couldn't help but to anticipate what was in that basket.

Finally, it was his turn.

Official Song made his two assistants placed the basket in front of them then they quickly knelt in front of Emperor Matsuhiko.

"Your Majesty, this humble official doesn't have much to offer you. Fortunately, I have such a fortunate encounter recently and found this thing. As this is considered as the greatest treasure this official ever encountered, I have decided to give this to His Highness as my tribute this year."

"Official Song, just show it to us. This Highness can no longer wait in anticipation."

Official Song nodded and his two assistants took off the cloth away from the basket. Tumambad sa kanila ang kulay rosas na malaking bato.

"This, Your Majesty, is called Pink Salt. I have acquired this from the Middle East. It is used by the people in that land not only as food additive but also for healing. It is also good for skin when added to your daily soak. It is said to leave anyone with silky soft skin."

That's when Julianna confirmed her initial guess that this dog Emperor was jist like Lie Chen for being vain.

If not, he wouldn't be that happy after Official Song said about those effect of the Pink Salt on skin.

Actually, it wasn't just Emperor Matsuhiko who reacted on that part, Lie Chen, who was sitting beside Julianna, groaned silently.

"What?" She asked.

"I want that." He was pouting like a kid.

"Seriously?"

Bigla siyang kinapitan nito.

"Nana, do me a favor. Steal that Pink Salt before we leave this hall, please."

"Uncle, we can just go to Middle East and acquire them. Let's not be risky now and steal anything, okay. Ang laki laki niyan o. How can I possibly carry that away without alerting anyone?"

"But..."

"I won't do it." She said with finality.

Habang nagtatalo ang dalawa, hindi nila napansin na tumayo na si Hazzard mula sa kinauupuan nito.

As his officials had already finished giving their tributes, he, as the royal regent, also needed to provide his tribute.

"My Lord, it is my time to share the tribute I have prepared this year."

***