71: Shameless

"Why are you here?"

Empress Lori was looking passed Julianna. She realized the old woman was actually had her eyes towards Emy.

"Ah, Lori... We've met again." The latter said with a smile when she finally walked ahead Julianna and towards the room kung nasaan ang mag-ina.

Julianna just stayed where she was and let Emy talked to Empress Lori. She crossed her arms and intended to enjoy the show.

"You dare to show your face to me. After you abandoned us..."

"Of course. Is there any reason for me para hindi magpakita sa iyo? You even dare coming here so why can't I?"

The Empress spat towards Emy but her target moved so quickly her spat landed on the ground unhindered.

Kasunod na lang na alam nila ay nasa harap na ng selda ni Princess Lovelle ang babae.

Nang makita ni Julianna ito, her eyes sparkled. That move was very smooth and swift even her wasn't able to see her moving at all.

This was her first time seeing the older lady to take an action. All her life, sa kwento lang niya naririnig ang prowess nito. But now...

She wondered if she would see Emy beat up the empress of High Kingdom?

"Ah, this must be that Princess Lovelle, right, Nana?"

"She is, Aunt Emy."

"Hmmn, she looks exactly like Lori when we are young. And since she came here in Royal City together with her mother, it only means she is a schemer like her mother too."

Emy reached out to Lovelle's face and grasped her chin as if scrutinizing her face.

"Let go of my daughter, Emy."

"Oh, are you afraid now? Why? You think I am lousy as you to plot against someone else's kid?"

Emy let go of the princess' face and looked at Empress Lori.

"That's right. I was informed that your daughter wanted to seduce my son. You wanted to use their relationship to strengthen your status as an Empress in High Kingdom.

"Unfortunately for you, my son would never like your daughter. Have you seen this face at all? Not even half as beautiful as my Nana. And even if my son ended up liking her, I would use all my power to separate them.

"To end up with someone who has cruel blood as yours, it will only bring disaster in the end. My son is too precious para lang mapunta sa kamay ninyong mag-ina."

"Mama, you really worry a lot. How can I even like a lady like that?"

Lahat silang naroroon ay napatingin sa direksyon ng pinanggalingan ng boses. Of course, it was from the entrance at nakatayo doon si Symeon who obviously followed the two.

When Lovelle saw him, her heart was aching. He still looked as gorgeous as before. She was lamenting because he had to see her like this.

Actually, Princess Lovelle didn't look bad as Emy had said. She was the top beauty in High Kingdom and she could compete to anyone even from outside.

That was always her pride kaya naman lahat ng panlalait ng mga ito sa kanya, she took them as if not directly for her.

"What are you doing here?" Kunot noong tanong ni Emy.

"Isn't it to visit his dear Princess?" Julianna said with a smirk.

Symeon just ignored her at lumapit sa nanay niya. But he didn't expect na biglang magkakaroon ng lakas si Lovelle to stand up and reach for him. The lady quickly held his hand.

"Brother Symeon, please help me. I cannot take this cruelty anymore. They beat us every 2 hours. They don't even feed us normal food. Please, help me and my mother. We can no longer take this anymore."

The mother and son both looked at the her hands na mahigpit na nakahawak kay Symeon.

Then slowly, the lad saw his mother expressions turned sour. He started to panic deep inside.

"Mama, it's not as you think." He was flustered.

"Hmph! Then do something and don't be too cozy around this kind of lady. I am telling you, I do not like her. So if you have feelings for her, forget it. Otherwise, this mother will not see you anymore."

Hearing the exchange between mother and son, nabuhayan ng pag-asa si Lovelle. Seemed like Symeon really like her. Otherwise, would his mother threaten him like this?

Dahil doon, she got courage to face Emy.

"Please, do not be like this. How come you don't even try to understand what your son like? How come a mother be this selfish?

"Mother-in-law, I know you are probably brainwashed by this rouge princess. But you can't be close-minded because of it. I promise, I am not as bad as you think. I am just rightful to be your son's wife."

People who heard that almost coughed blood.

Shameless!

If it wasn't shameless then hindi na nila alam kung ano pang ittawag sa dalaga.

Naputol naman ang iniisip nila when Emy chuckled. They saw her scratching her nose. "I see... So there is this kind of shamelessness in this world. Pardon me for being narrow-minded. I was only exposed to a certain person's shamelessness at hindi ko agad narealize there were different kinds of it. Don't worry, I learn something today."

(Meanwhile, miles away from Royal City, a certain someone named Sebastian suddenly sneezed. He scratched his nose and suddenly, a smirk appeared on his lips.

"My, my... Are you missing me this much? If so, bakit di ka pa umuwi?")

Napailing naman si Symeon because of the sudden turn of event. He came here to simply see what the two were doing. Who would have thought that someone would take this opportunity to make him look bad not only in front of his mother but also to Julianna?

Symeon finally removed the hand of Lovelle na nakahawak sa kamay niya. He took a step back and used his handkerchief to wipe his hand clean.

"Seriously, if you must beg, then it should not be towards me and my mother. If you want to leave this place, then think of how you can repay Nana. Naturally, you have taken a life from her people so you should also pay her with the same thing. You can choose whether to sacrifice yourself or your mother's."

Lovelle's face crumpled as she saw Symeon stepping back and wiping his hand. But she didn't focus on his action this time. She finally listened to his words and realized how cold they were and voided of any emotion towards her.