Chapter Four: A bit of advice

Double Act - Chapter 4

~~ Louis' P.O.V ~~

“Oh gosh, I’m so sorry!” the girl gushed, still lying on her back. She scrambled to her feet and chewed her lip nervously. I had to admit, she looked adorable when she was nervous, which she obviously was.

As I composed myself, I studied her carefully. Her hazel eyes were framed with long eyelashes, the light browny colour holding a cheerful spark. She was pretty, no doubt about it, but let me just get something straight.

I've read the fanfictions online, I know all about these sort of situations people conjure up. But let me tell you this; it's almost impossible that these things would ever happen! I don't think me or any of the other boys would get involved in such drama, or fall so hard so fast for someone.

I would carry on with this, but I was dragged from my thoughts as the beautiful girl infront of me broke my trance.

Oh. I guess that just ruined my point a little...

“I think I hit you with my guitar!” she giggled timidly, holding up the instrument. I smiled at her, rubbing my head.

“It’s fine, love! My fault entirely! Are you alright?” I asked her, completely shocked at the thoughts I was having. She nodded her head brightly, letting her dark brown hair fall over her face. She lifted a small hand and tucked the wavy strands behind her ear.

Besides the fact that she was gorgeous, I can’t tell you how nice it was to see someone fricking smile for the first time this morning.

“Are you auditioning?” I asked, smiling back at her. She nodded again, her eyes suddenly clouding with confusion. She knotted her eyebrows together, making her look even cuter than before.

Damn it Louis! Control yourself!

“You look familiar. Do I know you from somewhere?” she asked, obviously confused. I shook my head, still expecting the inevitable fangirl scream or the 'Can I get a picture?'.

But it never came.

“Huh. Wonder why I recognise you...” she frowned, still puzzled. I shrugged, relieved that she wasn’t a crazy fan. It was a rare thing to meet someone normal, and I loved it when it happened. Especially if they were a pretty young girl such as the one I was talking to.

Oh dear.

“Why aren’t you getting ready back there?” I asked, pointing to the wings where the tech crew were sorting out microphones for contestants.

Her eyes followed to where I was pointing, and saw her gulp. I saw her eyes fill up with tears, and instantly felt bad. Why do I always have to make people upset? I think I have a curse, you know.

“I… Urm… I don’t want to go on stage… in front of all of those people…” she murmured, a tear trickling down her cheek. She hurriedly wiped it away, pretending it was never there. I played along, acting as if I hadn't seen the tear.

I suddenly realised it'd been silent for a few moments, and quickly thought of something charming to say. Come on Lou, think! Say something!

“It’s fine, I promise you. I'll be in the crowd." I told her vaguely, smiling reassuringly.  When this lame piece of advice didn't have any effect, I decided to take a different approach. "Just imagine everyone in their underwear.” I grinned cheekily at her to emphasise my point. It seemed to work as she giggled.

“Even you?” she asked, raising her eyebrows. I held down the dirty answer that was begging to fly out of my mouth, and felt the heat rush to my cheeks. I chuckled, and nodded.

“If it helps you, love!" I chirped, winking at her.

Now, if I'd have said that to any other girl in this place, they would have at least blushed, right? Yeah, not her. She simply rolled her eyes. It was a playful roll of the eyes, but it still got to me.

~~ Lara's P.O.V ~~

“Are you’re sure you’re alright?” the boy asked, once again smiling in concern. God, didn't he get that it wasn't his fault? I nodded firmly, and returned the grin.

“I’m fine! Urm..,” I heard loud voices calling someone's name down the corridor. Nobody moved, and I cocked an eyebrow questioningly. “Who are they looking for?”

He finally turned, and his shoulders slumped in annoyance. He turned back to me, his face plastered in a very fake looking grin. He shrugged, but I could tell that he knew. Were they calling for him?

“Good luck…?” he paused, waiting for me to tell him my name. I thought for a second before replying.

“You’ll find out my name when I go out on stage, right? See you later!” I waved quickly before running back the way I had come, being careful not to hit anyone else with my guitar. "...Maybe." I added in a whisper.

Over my shoulder, I watched the boy stand still for a second, dumbfounded. He then came to his senses and hurried out of sight.

I didn't know his name, why should he know mine? I didn’t want to reveal too much to a complete stranger, even if he was unbelievably hot…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: Heyy! Hope this was a bit longer than the other chapters, I'm so bored of the shortness of the previous chapters! And I hope it makes sense so far!

So what dya think? What do you think is going to happen? :) Comment and let's see if any of you are right!

Oh, and if you've read my other fanfic, Project Harry, then I love you to bits! 8600 READS RIGHT NOW ASJKGLHKJFFG!! Unbelievable... Much love xx

Thanks guyss! I'll upload as soon as I can :) Byeee x