Chapter One: Introductions

Double Act - Chapter 1

~~ Lara's P.O.V ~~

Hey! I’m Lara, but most people know me as Livvy’s twin sister. But that's okay, I get used to it. I’m 19, I play the guitar. As I have already mentioned, I have a twin sister called Olivia. Oh, and if you call her Olivia, she’ll probably kill you. That’s why I stick to Livvy, or Liv. It depends if she's being nice or not. Usually the latter.

Even though we’re twins, I’ve always wanted to be more like her. She’s funny, she’s confident and the girl can sing much better that I ever could. I’d call it envy, not jealousy. I’m pretty sure there’s a difference, but English was never my strong point.

My relationship with my sister is a complicated one. I manage to put up with her most of the time, and when I can't James usually steps in. Don't take this the wrong way. Liv isn't a bad person. She just likes to remind me of all the bad things about me, and never really listens to my opinions. At school, it's like I'm invisible, and only our closest friends really know that we're sisters, due to the fact that Liv insists I'm an embarressment.

But it's alright. As I said, you get used to it. After a while, it doesn't sting as much.

We are looked after by our older brother James. Oh, and his girlfriend Molly. They’re great, Molly is like a sister to Liv and I. And she makes James happy, so we're happy.

We don't know our parents. They left James, Liv and I at a foster home when Liv and I were about 6 months old. We have no memory of them whatsoever, and whatever James remembers he doesn't like to talk about. In his opinion, they abandoned us, and that's all we needed to know.

But we don't really miss them. How can you miss someone you never knew to begin with? As soon as James was old enough, he moved out on his own and took us with him, raising us as best he could in the London bungalow. He did a good job of it too. His job helped to pay bills and buy clothes, and we weren't by any means poor. We had eachother, we had clothes and we had food.

I had only one issue with sharing a bedroom with my sister. Liv had an obsession with the band One Direction. Even being the older twin (by 1 wretched minute) Livvy goes mental for these 5 lads. I never really saw why, to be honest, but I would never tell her that. I'd be strangled with my own hair.

From the posters around our bedroom, I have been forced to learn their names, and thanks to my sisters' knowledge I know quite a bit about them all, including the fact that they came close to winning X Factor some time ago.

~~ Livvy's P.O.V ~~

Hey. I’m Livvy. Call me Olivia and I'll kill you. I hate that name. I’m 19, I love to sing. As you already know, Lara is my identical twin sister. You wouldn't believe the avantages of having a twin sister. When we were younger, we were always the troublesome two. It helps to have a twin sister to blame, especially if she is easily pushed around.

Oh, how we would confuse our school teachers. I was frequently entertained at how many detentions I could get my sister in one day. But enough of her, more about me.

I am the oldest twin, meaning I am also better. Lara doesn’t disagree. She doesn’t react in any way, and it bugs the hell out of me. She’s just too innocent for my liking. I think she’s going to get into bad stuff in later life. All she does is sit on her bed and strum her guitar angelically. She looks like a fangirl; surrounded by my 1D poster’s. But she isn’t.

No. I’m the fangirl. And I'm proud of it too. Lara thinks I'm mental, but she doesn’t really get excited about stuff like I do. She knows a heck of a lot about them, though, and I'd like to think it's down to me.

Oh, and one more thing you should know.

We auditioned for the X Factor in 2014. And this is our story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: Helloo lovely people!! This is the other fanfic I've been writing, and I am not sure if it's any good. So, if you want me to continue, comment and tell mee! Okay, thanks for reading the first chapter! Xxx