Chapter Forty Seven: Explanations

Double Act - Chapter 47

~~ Louis' P.O.V ~~

I stood in the bathroom, leaning with my hands on the marble basin and staring at myself in the mirror. How could she do this? I trusted her. I thought I loved her. And all this time... Dylan?

I knew I wasn't thinking straight. It was all jumbled up in my head. Dylan might not have been telling the truth. In fact, I bet that he was lying. Plus someone had most likely spiked the drink. But I didn't care.

I just had to get out of there.

I turned quickly, rushing to the door, only to crash in to someone. I blinked, steadying myself and smiling at the swaying figure in front of me.

"Louis! Great party, man,"

I laughed at his slurred words. "Alright, Harry?"

He nodded, grinning like a Cheshire cat, before frowning. "Where were you going in such a rush?"

I shrugged, and sighed. Drunk Harry was perceptive Harry. "I just really need to get out of here,"

He wiggled his eyebrows. "Drunk already, huh?"

"No, Harry," I smirked, shaking my head. "I just... I don't want to be here,"

"Is this because of Lara arriving with Dylan?"

I stared at him, frowning. He gave me a knowing look, and I slumped my shoulders in defeat. "They're on a date, Harry, Dylan told me that they're on a date," I managed, squeezing my eyes shut, suddenly having the urge to sprint all the way home.

His eyes widened and he blew out a breath before frowning angrily. "What a little... Where are you gonna go?"

"There's a hotel just down the road. I'll stay there for the night and come back here to find the damage tomorrow morning," I explained, having already thought out my escape. "But don't worry about me! Go and have fun!" I ordered.

Harry performed a slightly tipsy salute. "Sir yes sir!" he barked before turning and marching away.

I crumpled as he turned away, rubbing my eyes with my hands. To think that I was looking forward to tonight... I was going to ditch this place, take Lara to a pond I found down the road and spend as long as we liked there, just talking. I loved hanging around Lara for that, for how I could just say whatever I wanted and she would simply listen. She wouldn't pester me. If she was curious, she would just wait until I wanted to talk about it, and she would listen until I had finished.

I listened to her, too, of course. She never talked about her parents, who I had yet to hear about at all. She mostly just kept all the stuff about her brother inside, not really ever talking about it. She had never cried either - no, she didn't like to show people that side of her. Come to think of it, she didn't really share much of her life with me. But I hope I made her feel like she wasn't going through it alone.

Alone. Isn't it funny that that's how she made me feel right then?

~~ Livvy's P.O.V ~~

I looked round the room, puzzled to discover I couldn't see Lara anywhere. She wasn't the type to disappear in to thin air. Where on earth was she?

As I circled the room, I let out a cry as a tipsy guest stumbled in to me. They had a drink in their hand, but most of the contents seemed to be down his shirt. I was about to give them an earful before realising who it was, and rolling my eyes.

"Harry!"

He grinned at me before it faded in to a frown. He took a step back and sucked in a breath. "You, Lara," he said pointedly, stabbing at me with a crooked finger. "Are a horrible person,"