Chapter Twenty Five: Ringtones

Double Act - Chapter 26

Authors Note: Oooh! I'm up here today! Okay, before you start reading you should know that I don't watch X Factor that much, so this is my version of how it would work, not the real life thing. That's all! Hope you enjoy! Continue...

~~ Louis' P.O.V ~~

"Explain it again?" I moaned, resting my head in my hands.

Joey sighed, rolling his eyes impatiently. "Louis, were you even listening the first 5 times?" he asked, his voice tired and filled with annoyance. "You should know this anyway, it's basically the same as 2010 rules,"

"But I can't remember that!"

"C'mon, Louis! I got other things to worry about that teaching a young popstar the rules of the show he's judging!"

It was my turn to sigh. "Sorry Joe, mate, this headache is deflecting any information that tries to enter my brain,"

"It's probably because you're thinking about Lara,"

"Yea- wait, huh?" I cried, scowling furiously.

"I said that it's probably because the live shows are tomorrow," he said carefully, a frown set upon his face. I smiled a little, realising that his face looked unnatural without his signiture disaproving frown.

"Oh, right, sorry," I mumbled, scratching my neck awkwardly. "Er, so explain it one last time?"

Joey sighed. "Fine, last time though, Lou," he warned threateningly, pinching the bridge of his nose in an attempt to remain calm. "Okay. So there will be 10 weeks of Live shows, where the acts will perform. At the beginning, only 1 act will leave per week, decided by the voting... you already know this," he said vaguely.

I nodded, and he continued. "In week 10, we'll have 3 acts left, and 2 will leave, depending on the public's vote, and only our winner will remain,"

I nodded firmly. "Got it," I confirmed. "Thanks, Joey,"

"Any time," he smiles. "Well, between the hours of 9 and 6," he added in an attempt at a joke before leaving the room. My phone began to hum, muffled from my pocket. I pulled it out and laughed at the ringtone Harry had set for himself.

"Want you to make me feel like I'm the only girl in the world,

Like I'm the only one that you'll ever lo-"

I interupted Rihanna to answer the call. "Hey Harry. Since when did you change your ringtone?"

My ears were met with laughter. "Yesterday. Hey, I was gonna change it to something much worse, but Liam caught me," he chuckled. "So how'd your meeting with JoeJoe go?" he asked, a small echo of Niall in the background of 'hey, that rhymes!".

I shrugged. "Nice guy, awful jokes,"

"Oh god, didn't mention carrots did he?"

I laughed. "No, no, don't worry. He'd be dead by now," I added, only half joking.

"So how's that Lara situation going?" Harry asked, having annoyed me enough to tell my bandmates of the text message I had recieved from her.

"About as well as Niall stuck on a desert island with no food,"

"So.. pretty crap?"

"Oh yeah," I laughed sourly. "That girl knows how to hold a grudge,"

"Any idea what you did?"

"Not a bloody clue,"

"Asked her sister?"

"Her sister would faint,"