Chapter Eight: Bad Apologies

Double Act - Chapter 8

~~ Louis' P.O.V ~~

I sighed for the hundredth time that day, and let my head fall back onto the head rest. It wasn't like me to get this worked-up over a girl, so why was I getting my knickers in a twist? I couldn't tell you, I really couldn't, but it was getting to me and I didn't like it.

"You sound like you're deflating, Lou!" Harry's voice rang out in the car. One glance told me he'd abandoned his disguise, no longer cooping up his curls in a navy blue beanie. I let out yet another sigh, causing Harry to chuckle.

"Shut up, already!" he prodded my knee, not lightening my mood.

I lifted my head to look at him. "When somebody gives you their number, the polite thing to do is make some sort of contact," I threw my hands up in exasperation, "You don't completely ignore them!"

"She's probably busy, mate," Harry shrugged, nudging my shoulder. I sighed again, not in the least bit convinced by that lousy excuse. "I'm not much help, here. This has never been a problem for me before..." I glared at him, his humour really not being what I needed right now, and shuffled away from him.

"Why don't you call her?" Harry suggested, turning away to gaze out of the window. I spun around and stared daggers at the younger lad, oblivious to how angry he had just made me. His eyes flickered over to me, and his eyebrows furrowed together in a frown. "What?"

"I can't call her because I don't know her number!" I growled, running a hand through my hair. Man, what was wrong with me? I never got like this!

"Oh, right, sorry," Harry apologized sheepishly, not meeting my gaze. "Lou, maybe she just lost it?" Harry suggested, his eyes now glued to something outside.

I rolled my eyes and scooted over to the other side of the car. I rested my forhead on the cool glass, peering out at the rainy streets. The droplets pelted the glass pane, the noise of it somehow relaxing me. I watched the cars speed past the Limo, the headlights streaking through the rain.

She could have just lost the number, or typed it in to her phone wrong. There was all kinds of reasonable explanations for the lack of contact from the pretty brunette. Maybe it was all in my head.

Maybe.

~~ Lara's P.O.V ~~

I stared out at the rainy morning, ignoring my sister's whining apologies. I stared out amongst the morning people of London, faces like zombies as they trudged through the drizzle. As we drove past a Starbucks, I couldn't help but ponder over the amount of people in there on a saturday morning.

Up until now, I had successfully ignored my sister, replying to her questions with a shake or nod of my head or a single-syllable grunt. But now, we were in the same car, so it was hard to ignore her whining and pleading. I felt her roughly shaking my shoulder to gain my attention, a gesture at which I simply rolled my eyes. She was so childish sometimes.

"Lara, come on!" she groaned, not ceasing to shake my shoulder. "For the hundredth time, I'm sorry! I didn't realise that stupid bit of paper meant that much to you!"

Do you see why I haven't forgiven her? It was an insult in disguise and I would not accept it as an apology, however much she repeated it. I simply rolled my eyes again and continued staring aimlessly out of the window. She continued to drone on about how sorry she was as I lost myself in my thoughts.

This morning had been awful so far. I had been dragged out of my warm bed, stuffed into uncomfortable jeans and a cold t-shirt and bundled into the freezing back-seat of James' smelly old car. I was exhausted, you must understand, so I simply let my siblings control me. I wouldn't have given in so easily if they'd told me where we were going.

Bootcamp. More performing, only this time, it was only the 4 judges. You'd have thought that would have been better for me, wouldn't you? No audience, no crowd to please? But no. I was even more terrified than before, and that says alot. 4 judges, 4 people. That didn't sound too bad, right? Gary Barlow, Ella Henderson and Katy Perry. Now that made me a bit nervous, considering they were such amazing artists with amazing voices.

Oh, and Louis Tomlinson. The boy with the bad advice and the cheeky smile. The boy that had given me his number and I hadn't called. He must hate me. The polite thing to do when someone gives your their number is to make some sort of contact, not to completely ignore them! I had one chance with one boy, one unbelievable chance with the one and only Louis Tomlinson, and my sister feels the need to tear that chance into shreds.

To even think about this fills me with rage for my twin sister. I didn't want to know details about what she'd done or why she'd done it. All I knew was that she couldn't stand for me to even try and be happy. All of a sudden a thought came to me.

I glanced at the floor, then up to face Liv. She noticed this, and a wide grin took over her face. I frowned, and shook my head at her, causing the grin to fall. I took a breath before speaking.

"Olivia," I noticed her flinch, but she didn't protest. Wow, I thought, she's really making an effort here. With a smirk, I continued.

"Before you... ripped the paper up, did you call the number?" I asked curiously. To my surprise, she nodded. Her mouth didn't even twitch, but her eyes gave away the amusement she was holding inside.

"And?" I probed, dragging out the word. Her eyes widened in realisation, her mouth forming a perfect 'o' shape. She dived for her phone, and tapped away quickly. I eventually realised that she could see all of the calls she had made, including the one to Louis' phone! Wait...

If she'd called his phone, then why hadn't she realised it was him?

~~ Livvy's P.O.V ~~

I tapped the green call button for the second time in a week, grinning at Lara, at the fact that she had talked to me. I put it on speaker phone as it began to ring, hurriedly yelling at James to stop singing to the radio, and waited for the answering machine to get it.

"I didn't hear all of this, by the way!" I added, just in time to hear the strange boys' voice.

"I am so sorry, but I can't get to the phone right now! Don't hate me, I'm a busy man!" the voice squeaked, being interrupted by the loud laugh in the background. I quickly turned the volume of the speaker down, ready for the yell.

"HAROLD, I WILL SHAVE YOUR HEAD!"

Both me and Lara burst into giggles, James turning his head to flash us a confused frown before turning back to the steering wheel. Before we could hear any more to determine anything else about the guy, James' voice interrupted the phone.

"We're here, girlies!" he chirped, unplugging his seatbelt and turning to grin at us. Liv and I giggled at him, unplugging our seatbelts. We slid out of our seats and into the English weather outside, slamming the car door behind us both. Slowly and nervously, we made our way inside of the arena for the second time. Once amongst the other contestants, James found three seats, and we sat in uncomfortable silence.

After a while, James managed to come up with something to say.

"You ready to win the X Factor?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: Helloo! So I decided to upload another chappie of Double Act, since I haven't had many comments on Over Again. If you don't know, Over Again is another fanfic I'm writing about Liam, so go over and check that out if you haven't already. xx

Ugh. I got school Monday. I don't wanna go to school! Why can't Christmas be a monthly thing? Annual holidays suck. Because of school I may not be able to upload as much. We're beginning to start GCSE coursework, and that means probably alot more homework for me :( I will come on here as often as I can, but I can't promise anything. :( Xx

Thankyou so much for reading any of my stories, and I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy writing them! Vote if you'd like to, Fan me if you're cool and Comment!!! No comment, no uploads! ;) Aaha, Byee guyss! Xx