Chapter Twelve: When She Finds Out

Double Act - Chapter 12

~~ Louis' P.O.V ~~

All 6 groups were shown to their rooms, all buzzing with excitement. They were continuously letting me know how much they loved me, even some of the guys, which was a bit creepy, but I found it flattering all the same.

If they were excited now, they were going to go berzerk when they found out who I was bringing in as my special judge guests...

I smiled to myself as the image of Lara's grinning face made it's way into my mind. She seemed almost as happy to see me as I was to see her, and believe me, that's a large amount of happiness. I imagined the feel of her arms around me once more, the warmth from her small body somehow managing to warm my own as I hugged her back...

"Urm, what are you doing?"

I jumped, startled at Harry's deep voice from the doorway. I glared up at him, but he just smirked. He ambled over and slumped down next to me on the sofa. Finding nothing else to entertain myself, I found that I was staring at the blank television screen, waiting for my best friend to turn it on with the remote I knew he had beside him.

After a while, nothing happened. I glanced sideways to find Harry gazing at me thoughtfully. Just as I opened my mouth to sling a sarcastic comment his way, I found his curious, low voice filling my ears, instead of my own.

"What's on your mind, Lou?" he asked, his eyes carefully watching me for some sort of reaction. I sighed, and was about to deny the question when he continued, "Don't lie to me. Is it that Lara girl?" I let my gaze flicker downwards, desperately trying not to blush. "Lara Croft, is it?"

I chuckled, shaking my head. "Not Lara Croft, Harry. Completely different person," I ruffled his curls fondly as I usually did, but this time Harry pushed my hand away. I frowned, and took back my hand cautiously. "What's crawled into your pants today, Harold?"

He huffed, and turned away. "It's not fair. You're off having a scandalous relationship with an X Factor contestant, but does anybody care? No!" he cried, desperatley trying to contain his temper. "It's all about me and how I'm apparently taking drugs!" he threw his hands up in exasperation, and my jaw literally dropped.

"They think you're..." I stuttered, utterly astounded at how stupid people could be. "...bullshit!" I muttered, infuriated with why people couldn't just leave Harry alone. He never asked for this. None of us did. We wanted to be known worldwide, to be famous, but we had no idea what that would bring. But complaining was out of the question. We wouldn't dare to be so ungrateful.

"Sorry about that, it isn't your fault at all," Harry shook his head, almost as if that would clear away the angry thoughts that were filling his head. It seemed to work, as he returned to his usual happy self, a grin finding it's way back on to his lips. "So, tell me about this Lara girl. She pretty?" he asked, his green eyes glistening.

I chuckled, and nodded. "Of course, Haz. She's sarcastic, funny," I chuckled, remembering the crazy messages I'd get at 1:00 in the morning when she couldn't sleep, "She's just really great. You'd love her. Oh yeah, and she's in a group called Double Act, with her twin sister... urm, Libby or something," I noticed Harry's face light up at the mention of another girls name.

"They both sing amazingly well, and Lara plays the guitar," I told him, sliding off of the sofa, intending to go into my room. As I stood up, I caught sight of my phone on the sofa. I sighed, realising I'd been sitting on it, and scooped it up.

Harry said something about Lara sounding like a nice girl, but was soon interupted by his phone beginning to buzz frantically in his pocket. He dashed off to answer it, leaving me in a rather empty living room.

I bounced away into my bedroom for a little time away from Harry. The rest of the lads were arriving later today, so that they could judge the groups the day after tomorrow. The acts had today and tomorrow to practice their chosen song before having to perform it infront of us for a place at the Live Shows.

That meant that I was going to have my 4 best friends with me that very same day, and damn was I excited about it.

~~ Livvy's P.O.V ~~

Louis Tomlinson was in the same house as us. We had Louis Tomlinson as a mentor. As in Louis Tomlinson, of One Direction. I honestly couldn't believe it. Well, I could. It was so believable that I fainted. Oh my god.

I fainted infront of Louis Tomlinson. Nice one Liv...

"Liv, have you unpacked?!" I heard Lara's voice yell, slightly muffled by a wall or two in between us. I glanced around the bedroom, empty of anything except from a bed, a large chest of drawers and my suitcase in the middle of the floor, still neatly packed with all my things. Looking at it all caused a pang of homesickness, but I did my best to push it away as I yelled a reply to my sister.

"Nah! We're only gonna be here a couple days!" I replied, standing from the bed. I trudged out of my bedroom, past the door to Lara's room and down the hallway into the small living room. The house shared bathrooms and a kitchen, so we did not have one in our individual rooms.

I found Lara sitting in the lounge tapping away on her phone, just how I had expected her to be. I rolled my eyes at her, and sat next to her. Soon enough I was engrossed in the episode of Friends that was playing on the TV, and forgot all about my sister beside me.

As the advert break came on, I glanced sideways and found Lara no longer sitting there. I listened intently, and caught the sound of her angelic voice singing along to the radio. Well, not really singing, just belting out the words as loud as she could.

"...Mama told me not to waste my life, she said spread your wings ma little butterfly!..." She sung beautifully on stage, yet this is the limit of her performances we recieve at home.

In her place, sat her shiny, black, mobile phone.

~~ Lara's P.O.V ~~

"This is I Knew You Were Trouble, from the one and only Taylor Swift!" the radio man announced. I squealed happily, dropping the teaspoon into the mug and dancing around the kitchen. I seriously loved Taylor's songs, this being my favourite tune of the moment.

"...I knew you were troubl when you walked in! So, shame on me no-ow!" I calmed myself down a little, taking the time to stir my tea before turning off the radio. I carried on humming the tune as I sat back in my place beside Livvy. I saw what was playing on the television, and smiled. I loved Friends.

I nudged my sister's elbow. "Turn it up, Liv," I told her, placing my steaming mug on the coffee table infront of me and leaing back on the sofa. Liv made no such effort, so I nudged her again. Nothing. I sighed, and turned to find Liv staring at me. Her eyes were wide with a mixture of anger and shock, her jaw hanging open. I frowned, then caught sight of my mobile phone in her hand.

Oh crap.

"Liv, urm, what's wrong..." I began, chewing my lip in sheer terror. I was more scared of my sister than I was up on that stage.

But I had no reason to be scared. I could be mistaken, and she could not know about Louis at all. I could just be imagining things. She could know nothing.

She seemed to snap out of her daze, and her eyes were full of anger, all traces of surprise gone and replaced by pure hatred. She sucked in a breath, making me flinch. Her words came harsh and fast, each one like a slap accross the face.

"That's who you've been texting?! Louis Tomlinson?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Authors Note: DUN DUN DUUUUNN!

Hahahaa! Hey guys x Haven't uploaded all week, so here you aarree! Hope it's alright for you lovely people! Haven't got much to say this week, so... vote, comment, and keep on being awesome!

Oh, and I put a picture of my snowman next to this! Isn't it cool?;) Hahah bye! Xx