Chapter Ten: The Results

Double Act - Chapter 10

~~ Louis' P.O.V ~~

The 2 days went by quickly, and soon enough it was Monday morning and all of the contestants were waiting nervously backstage. It's results day. The four of us had decided who was going to go through to judges houses, and boy was I excited.

As always, the four of us had to decide between us who would be getting through. The groups had been surprisingly simple, as had the over 25's. The girls and the boys, however, caused major arguments between us. We had, eventually, come to a decision, but it had made the mood between Ella and Gary very frosty. The tension was unbearable, so it was a relief that they were at opposite ends of the panel, otherwise they'd probably kill eachother.

We had announced the over 25's and the boys, and we were about to inform the girl's of our decisions. The 10 girls filed onto the stage in silence, clutching eachothers hands with tear stained cheeks. We greeted them, and left the required pause to build the tension. We took it in turns to call out the first four names.

"The fifth person going through to judges houses is... Katrina Vassalo," A girl of about 19 let out a high pitched shriek and brought her hands up to her face. After hugging another of the girls, she dashed off stage with her blonde hair flying out behind her.

"The sixth and final girl going through is," I began, scanning the faces of the 5 remaining girls. "... Marisa O'Neil," I announced, bracing myself for the scream.

A tall, pretty girl with shoulder-length mousy-brown hair covered her mouth with one hand, tears dribbling down her cheeks. "F-fank you!" she cried, clasping her hands infront of her, "Fank you so much!"

Gary said our apologies, and the 4 remaining girls filed off stage, either sobbing or in miserable silence. I ignored that, proud of the happiness I had caused so far. I was soon reminded that we still had the groups to tell, and that put me in an even better mood.

~~ Lara's P.O.V ~~

"Groups to stage!" a man with a headset called out before he hurried away. Liv turned to me, a reassuring smile on her face as she took my hand and squeezed it. I sighed, my stomach not ceasing to twist and turn. On my other side, Dylan nudged my shoulder with his elbow and grinned.

Dylan was in a group called Four Life, along with his two best friends, Jacob and Callum, and his younger brother Ollie. Me and Liv had grown quite close with the four of them over the few days, Dylan and me especially. All four of them were hilariously funny. They took my mind off of the competition, and I loved that.

We made our way to center stage, standing in a line. The four judges on the panel smiled warmly, almost causing me to forget what was at stake here. "Hello, groups! We have made a decision, and the acts through to judges houses are..."

Can I just say how much I hate dramatic pauses. Seriously.

"The first act is..." Katy began. "... Divided." A group of 3 boys went mental at the other end of the line, and rushed off stage. "The next act through is..." I enhaled a deep breath, wishing like I'd never wished before.

"... Four Life." I grinned, turning to Dylan and wrapping my arms around his neck. He hugged me back tightly before pulling away and kissing my cheek. Glancing up, I noticed the frown on Louis' face, but pushed the thought away. Without another word, the four of them bounced away happily. Me and Liv closed the gap that they had created, her putting an arm round my shoulders and pulling me close.

Three more acts were called out, two girl groups and a boy-girl duo. By this time I had lost all hope of making it through, my eyes staying shut in anticipation. Why did I even let Liv talk me into this? I knew it was a bad idea. I could tell that even through Liv's smile, she was a nervous wreck, too.