Chapter 16. He's leaving (part two)

I read the text over and over again. Leaving? To where? Not like I care or anything of that sort, but.....

"Abiola, come here!" My mom pulled me with her. We stood in front of a woman that looked so beautiful. She wore a gold dress that clung to her hour glass figure. Her smokey eye make up, making her look more mean than she already looked. A little taller me.

"Hey, how are you?!" She pulled me into a bone crushing hug, before kissing me on both sides of my cheek, I tried so hard for the food in my plate to not fall off.

"I'm good... " I was about to say how are you back, but my mom pinched me, as if sensing what I was going to reply with. "I'm good ma'am." I stopped there.

Then my dad came over and a man I'm guessing should be her husband, because he kissed her. What's with these old people?

"This is my daughter, Abiola." My dad said introducing me to the couple. I liked at them and smiled one of my forced but not fake smile. Just then the guy, Wale and the supposed Mowunmi, standing near the woman. My phone beeped again. No doubt it's Konyii. But I didn't check it. I kept it in my clutch.

They kept talking animatedly, while my hands itch to check the message. Someone cleared their throat, gaining my attention. I looked up and saw Wale staring at me.

"Hey, you seem restless." He asked, with what I'm guessing a concern tone.

"Yeah I'm good." I lied, to be very honest, I didn't like the fact that... Beep beep. My phone beeped again. I tried ignoring it again. But this time, it started ringing.

"You might wanna get that. Before you go, can I have your number?" I wanted to tell him to ask my mom, but that's out of this world rude, so I rushed it out to him and excused myself.

"Hel-"

"Tobi is freaking leaving!" Konyii didn't let me finish before she exploded in my ears.

"Why are you telling me?" I tried to sound nonchalant, but my heart was beating frantically inside.

"Cut that crap, he's moving from Aberdeen and is not coming back. He's going with Tope." My heart started beating faster. Why is he leaving? I spent the night there just when?

"Why?" My voice came out as a whisper.

"Abiola, if he leaves, you might never meet again. Stop lying to yourself and come this instant." My hands were shaking, which I don't know why, so was my heart beating.

"Where, are they?" I asked, but it doesn't mean I'll accept it the fact I like him. "I'm coming to bid my them my farewell."

"Whatever, just come. Third terminal." I didn't even go back to tell my mom I was leaving earlier, I just sent a text to her, before calling a cab. I got in a told the cab man my destination.

Why is he leaving? Is it work related? Or he just want to leave? Has he always been travelling? Many questions flooded my head but, I had no single answer for any of them. I looked out the window and it was raining, I hadn't realized.

"We're here ma'am." The cab man brought me out of my trance. I nodded and paid him. Immediately I stepped out the rain hit my face, making me remember it was raining. I ran inside the departure, third terminal entry and looked around for any of them. I removed my phone and called Konyii.

"Where are you guys?" I asked still looking around.

"We already left the airport, they've gone." She sounded cold.

"What?! I'm in the airport already, why would he leave?!" I said. Tears- I don't know where it came from- was already welling up in my eyes.

"He said you won't want to see him, so they left. Tope tried making them wait, but he was like what's the use, if you won't feel remorseful? So they left." I don't know how, but I felt my face wet, my insides twisting in sadness. I just wanted to see him one last time, even if it's just once.

"Gotcha!" Tope and Konyii shouted, making turn around, only to find Konyii, Tope, Tobi and Ayo standing there. I turned back around and wiped the tears away so professionally.

"You guys got me good." I chuckled, making them all grin, except Tobi of course. I looked and saw him holding two big boxes which I guess was his check in luggage, then a smaller one. Tope had the same but with extra shoulder bag.

"Is that tears I see there?" Konyii asked smirking at me.

"No, something got in my eye." I smoothly lied.

"Really, or you were already missing Tobi that hasn't left?" This time it was Ayo. I blushed hard. But thank God for dark skin.

"The only person I'll miss is Tope." I half lied again. This time I felt a very focused stare, staring right into my brain. I turned slightly and Tobi was looking at me. He smiled faintly at me and I did the same, but remembered our kiss and I quickly averted my gaze.

"I want to speak to you." Tobi said, but I stood rooted to my spot. Until I saw the others giving us space before I realized he was talking to me. I raised my head and he was standing right in front of me. My breath hitched. My insides twisted. My heart began beating, fast.

"Are we going to talk about the kiss, because if that's what you want to talk about, I'm out." I turned around to leave, to God knows where, but he held me back.

"Yes we have to." He said calmly, looking directly into my eyes.

"I don't want to, it was just a kiss and nothing more." I lied, my throat became dry from the impact of the lie.

"I'm trying to have a serious conversation with you, Abiola."

"And I'm subtly trying to avoid it, Oluwatobiloba." For the first time I called out his full name. I felt tingly all over. He held my hand and lowered his head.

"Forgive me for this." He said before carefully and skillfully placing his lips on mine, my insides exploded with crazy lions, not butterflies. He nibbled on my lower lip before grazing has teeth on it. Instinctively, I wrapped my hands around his neck. He pulled me closer and wrapped his muscly hands around my waist.

Someone cleared their throat making us pull apart, both of us panting. I looked into his eyes and no more denying it, but I've fallen for this guy. That doesn't mean I'll admit it though.

"Um... You have a.... a flight to catch if I remember well." Ayo said, making me jump two feet away.

"You guys should get a room, I heard there's an hotel not far from he-" Tobi slapped a hand over Tope's mouth. My cheeks were hot.

The robotic voice called out for those departing, and sadly that was their flight.

"You can tell him to stay." Konyii whispered in my ears as we watched them arrange their bags on a trolley.

"I'll miss you!" Tope said hugging me, I hugged her back really tight.

"I'll miss you too." I wiped the tear drop that fell down her cheeks. I watched as they walked over to check in their boxes. My heart fell, unshed tears welled up in my eyes. He didn't even look back, not once. Tope looked back and mouthed a "He loves you." My heart pounded against my rib cage. Before I could react, they had gone. And I might not see them again.

😭😭😭😭😭😭, OK this was my hardest chapter so far. So he actually left. Hew!😪😪

Hmmm, Wale, who knows what he's here for. I already like him sha. 😁😁