Chapter 18. Arguments

Dedicated to @Oluwa_shindara, she literally gingers me to update. ❤❤

Konyii's POV

"Babe, I don't think this is gonna work." I called out to Ayo who was using his phone. It was really annoying.

We've been dating since the second day after our date, he's just the perfect man for me, not kidding. Having to squeeze between work and attention for me. He made sure I never complained, not once. But I'm a girl and would definitely do, just to piss him off, but he doesn't even get pissed. Instead he apologizes for what isn't needed.

"It would, you brought the plan yourself right? I have a smart girlfriend." He said before dragging me out of the airport. "I'm dropping you off, emergency doc needed." He said when we got to where he parked his car. That's why he was using his phone.

"Ok. Drop me off two blocks away." I said while pulling the seatbelt. Two blocks away because I don't want my parents knowing about this whole relationship stuff, besides, I need to be studying. I'm not a baby, but my dad isn't exactly the friendly type.
He stopped what he was doing and looked at me. I knew where this was going, it had become a regular argument whenever we go out and he wants to drop me home.

"Babe, why -"

"No, not today. Just drop me off two blocks away."

"Really? Are you that ashamed of me?" I closed my eyes tight. He always said this, every single time.

"Ayo, stop it, it's not fair. I've told you times without number, my dad isn't exactly the friendliest person out there. If he even get to find out I'm in a relationship, only heaven knows what he was going to do to me." He sighed. I knew we weren't done with the argument.

"You aren't getting any younger, do you think this relationship is just for relationship sake? I just feel like....... Never mind." That's how he ended the conversation. He likes having the last talk, but not today.

"Can you stop being insecure? Fine, drop me off in front of my house. Trust me I wont be responsible for whatever happens." I rolled my eyes and turned away from him.

The drive was quiet, first time that has ever happened between us. Normally, we would try to look pass it. But this time, not really. We got to my house and I got down in anger, just when I thought he was going to let me walk away just like that. But he didn't.

"Babe, I'm sorry." He said, and I could sense the guilt in his tone. I smiled and turned back to face him. "I'm sorry." He said, and I walked back over to where he was standing by his car.

"Just stop it, and listen next time. After all, you've dropped me off now." I said and turned back, only to see a figure standing by the window. Oh, I'm so done for. "I have to go now, see you later." I pecked him and ran inside the house.

"Well, if it isn't my slutty daughter." I heard my dad's voice. I grimaced before turning around, I was so wishing it was my mom.
"I'm not a slut." I replied, putting off my shoes.

"Talking back now, are we?" I rolled my eyes. If it was up to me, I wouldn't be in this house.

"Konyii, please just walk away." My mom's voice cut me off from what I was planning on saying.

"Ok." I started walking away when my dad's voice stopped me.

"I don't want to see you with that boy ever again." I turned around so fast, you'll think I was going to twist my waist.

"You can't decide who I go out with or not, after all mom watches you bring in girls younger than me without saying a word." I said, looking at him dead in the eye.

"Konyisola, please go inside." This time I knew my mom was going to cry anytime soon.

"No, mom, you need to start talking. We all know he brings home girls." I said to my mom, I saw her eyes glistening. "So you can't tell me not to go out with a guy. In case I forgot to mention, he's my fiancè. I'm not getting any younger." I walked away. One thing I was sure of, is the fact he can't raise a finger on my mom, neither can he raise a finger on me and my sisters.

Getting to my room, I closed the door and sat down on the floor. I'm tired of my dad, my mom is too, but she won't leave him. She thinks she's doing it for us, but she isn't. She's just hurting herself. We've talked to her about this, but no, she won't listen. She believes he would change. I still wonder how the love they had for eachother faded so quick. Growing up with my immediate younger sister, there was love and care it those emotionless eyes of his now. But when my autistic baby sister was born, everything changed. His mom and siblings had believed my mom was the cause of her autism. Because, she had left the house in anger, because they had an argument and came back home sick.

His mom had kept on saying my mom is the cause and she is a witch, if not for the fact she was an old woman and my grandma, Lord knows I would have punched her on the face. She persuaded her other children too, now they all hate my mom. Well, that's their business. We love our mom and she knows that.

"Konyisola?" My mom called out to me.

"Yes mom." I stood up to open the door for her.

"Who was that?" She asked and I smiled. She just acted exactly like Abiola's mom. Maybe that's why they are best of friends.

"My boyfriend." I simply stated and turned around to hide the blush creeping on my face.

"You didn't tell me about him, now I see what Bisi was telling me."

"She told you?"

"No, she only gave me a hint. Now details." I laughed.

I told her how we met, and how he asked me out for dinner and Aunty Bisi had been the one to buy me a dress and arrange for everything that day, she had chased me around my room, saying why didn't I tell her. We laughed and had the moment we had missed all because of my father.

"Don't mind your dad, he would come around. Besides, if you really want to continue that relationship in peace, without disturbance. He needs to visit, like ASAP." I laughed, my typical mom.

"I would tell him. He has always wanted to come, but I don't let him, because of dad. Besides where's Nife and Funmi?" I asked about my sisters.

"Funmi has gone to Sandy's house as usual and Nife would be brought back by her doctor. I will let you sleep now. Goodnight." she pecked me and left my room.

I took a warm shower and changed into my pj's and later on my bed. I called Ayo and told him, what my mom had said and he laughed. Saying he would gladly come when he's free. I so asked him if he went back to work, but he said someone else took over.

Ooooooof. Done.
So What do you all think about Konyiis parents case? Funny enough, most men are like that. Whatever their mother assumes is correct. I'm not saying they shouldn't listen, but it's your wife we're talking about here. Try to make your mother understand. But.... Oh well. Single ladies or non married, I wish we would get a loving mother in law, atleast one that wouldn't turn our future husbands away from us. Amen.

Please, I'm on my knees, vote and comment. Let me know your thoughts. It wouldn't take two seconds to tap on the vote button. Please. Or should I prostrate? If that's what you want, I will do it oo.