Chapter 10. Unprepared date

Eid mubarak to my brother's and sisters, may the Almighty accept our duas and fasting as an act of Ibadah. InshaAllah we would see many more to come, Ameen.

Abiola's POV

I didn't know he had a sister as cute as that. The dimple on both sides of her cheeks and the sweet pink lips. Even with her disorders, she's still a sweetheart.

I was so happy after Tobi said she could come stay the weekend, so he's a caring big brother. Who knew?

"I didn't know he had a sister." I said to Konyii that was munching on a Chips like a goat. Chewing everything and it was falling on my car seat.

"How many things do you know about him, he's very closed off. It was aunty Temi that told me about it, after I had promised to keep out of his matter. He has a very sad past though, he's gonna need a life partner to accept his past. But the way things are going, I'm not sure he's ready until a particular person learns to start liking him, even if it's as a human." Konyii ended her speech shaking the bag if chips to get the bottom part.

"Which person is that?" I asked glancing at her before glancing back at the road. She scoffed.

"Are you really that blind? Can't you see.... just forget, I'm not going to say anything." She squeezed the bag of chips.

"Please tell me, that girl must be really lucky then." I said absent mindedly. The look she gave me made me realise what I said. " It's not like that, stop looking at me like that!" She just laughed and said.

"C'mon, admit it. You like him?" I rolled my eyes.

"I don't like him. Yes, he's nice and all but I see nothing ever happening between us, ever!" I said making a U-turn to go into the estate.

"Keep deceiving yourself, it's not bad to like him. He's good looking, a yoruba, has a good job and to add cherry on top, he's a muslim. So I see no reason you shouldn't like him. " I didn't say anything again, so she changed the topic.

"What will you cook today, it's been long you carried pot talk more of cooking." That's true, it's been long I cooked.

"Maybe I should cook that Italian pasta, the one we like?" I asked as we drove into the gate.

"Yes, that's alright." Then I remembered she has a date tomorrow.

"Aunty, where's the dress for your date tomorrow?" She stopped immediately and turned around slowly, the look on her face.

"Ode!! You've forgotten!" I started laughing loud. She ran inside, making me follow her.

"Mummy!" She screamed for my mom. I carried my phone and went to snapchat and started recording her.

"Mummy, I've not bought dress oo!!" She shouted removing her scarf dramatically, my mom just smiled.

"I've made an appointment for you, we'll go there around ten in the morning for your fitting. " She calmed down, before jumping on my mom. I wonder how my mom was able to carry her.

"I Love you, love you, love you!!" She started kissing my mom on her face, then I ended what I was recording.

"I knew you'll be busy with exams preparations, so I made an appointment for you."

"Thank you mummy." Then I looked at my mom.

"We have a visitor tomorrow, Tobi's younger sister." My mom looked at me quizzically

"Is there anything between you two?" She asked me looking at me sternly.

"No, there's nothing between us. Konyii dragged me over to his house when she heard about his sister's sickness, so we went to see her. And she didn't want to leave, so I told Tobi to let her stay the weekend with us." She nodded her head.