Chapter eight - all your little things

A/N I know it's not Friday, but I have to help out at my school's Christmas Fair tomorrow, and so I won't be able to update tomorrow night. I have quite a few more chapters left on this story, but when I have completed 'Dirty Little Whore' I will begin writing my Larry one :) anyway, vote/fan/comment what you think!

LOUIS' POV

It had been three days. Three days since mine and Rachel's meal. Three days since I saw that gleaming smile, and eyes full of life. Three days since I discovered the truth. When we first arrived, the dooctor's immediately began the chemo therapy again, shaving all of her hair off. I knew she was going to hate it the second she saw it in the mirror, but I didn't care. She was still the same beautiful girl I fell in love with weeks ago.

I hadn't left Rachel's bedside since she arrived. The others had taken it in turns to look after me after her dad had to leave to go back to work. Everyday, I would sit beside Rachel, holding her hand, telling her I loved her and kissing her on the forehead. I would sing to her every morning and evening, she always send how my singing put her at peace, and I hoped that was true even now.

I pulled my phone out to check twitter. By now, everyone knew about my relationship with Rachel, so Rouis had been trending twitter for days, as well as 'get well soon' messages added onto the end. The press had leaked out that Rachel had fitted, and had asked us to do an interview to confirm what was in fact going on. That day was today. I told Simon I wasn't leaving Rachel's side until she woke up from her coma, they all knew I was just going to carry on sitting here, with Rachel, and sing to her. That's all I did for days.

So the boys would have to do it without me. Liam asked for my permission as to whether or not they could tell the truth or just make up some cover story. I let him know I was okay with him telling the truth, just no details.

"now, are you sure you're okay?" I rolled my eyes at Harry, he had been the one who was most concerned about me.

"for the last time, YES! Now go, you'll be late for the interview, I'll be fine on my own with Rachel for a few hours"

"okay boobear, just don't do anything I wouldn't do"

"so I can-"

"don't start Lou" I laughed as he went to give me a hug before kissing Rachel on the cheek

"and you promise to text us if she wakes up?"

"yes Emily, now go, it's your first ever interview as Niall's girlfriend, you don't want to miss it do you?"

"not particularly" she nuzzled into Niall's shoulder as he wrapped a protective arm around her shoulder

"bye Lou"

"bye guys, have fun!" I waited for them to turn the corner before I went and sat down again.

I examined Rachel's peaceful face as she slept. The way her chest went up and down slowly as she breathed, her mouth opening and closing with every breath. Her eyes fluttered as she continued in her deep slumber. I took her hand back in mine, sitting down beside her again.

I kissed her forehead lightly, whispering I love you into her ear, in a hope she could hear it while she was sleeping. I sat there for a few minutes, just thinking of what I was going to do to make the last few weeks of her life as enjoyable as possible. Because of the chemo which was started again a few days ago, Rachel has at least another couple weeks. It was amazing news, but the fact that she would soon die only made it worse. I didn't want her to be in pain by her staying with me for longer. I feel so selfish for putting her through this so that I can have her for a little while longer.

Around about now was usually when I sang to Rachel. I'd decided I was going to sing 'Your Song' to her, like we did on X factor 2 years ago. Rachel told me it was one of her favourite performances that we ever did, and she'd been begging me to sing it to her for weeks, but I'd always refused. I hoped me singing it to her today would wake her up, which was what we all desperately wanted. She had one more day to wake up because there was nothing more they could do for her. If she still hadn't woken up by then, they would turn her life support off. Your Song was my last hope in my mind.