Chapter two - the meet up

RACHEL'S POV

"...and live while we're young!" the crowd were screaming as One Direction finished, the whole arena was buzzing as they exited the stage. I got up and began leaving when Emily grabbed my hand and pulled me back down

"Where you going? Did you forget about your dad's present?" Shit, I'd completely forgot. I quickly grabbed my mirror out my bag to make sure I looked okay. It's fine, I still looked alright, thankfully I wasn't like the girls beside us who were sweating like pigs after the concert. But wait, why did I decide to wear this?! I was wearing a floaty white top, blue, ripped skinny jeans and TOMS.

"You look fine, honestly" I hadn't realised that Emily had seen the way I was looking at myself. She was a life saver, and so honest, I knew if she didn't like it cause she always told me!

"Rachel Smith?" a skinny lady with black shoulder length hair, dressed in black with a clipboard was stood above us

"Y-yeah that's me"

"Right this way, I'll show you to the boys," my heart was pounding against my chest, I hadn't been this nervous since the day I found out about-stop it Rachel, like Emily said, tonight's supposed to be fun.

It was a short walk, through a few corridors, with people waving and saying hello, everyone was really friendly. I never knew people were this friendly...wait, what if my dad told them about my brain tumour?

"Umm, excuse me, did my dad tell anyone why I was here?"

"Only the people working here, the boys don't know, your father was very specific about that."

thank god, I didn't want the boys knowing, feeling sorry for me, that's what I hated most about people knowing, they always acted weird around me, I was still me!

We turned a final corner where a door labelled 'dressing room' was.

"Now, girls, are you ready?" the lady asked, me and Emily just stood there and squealed

"YES!" we yelled at her in sync, she lightly knocked on the door, and a sexy, husky voice called out, welcoming us in. Harry.

"Hey boys, these are the 2 young ladies I was telling you about," she beckoned for us to come in "this is Rachel, and this is Emily"

"Hey babe" Harry said, leaning in to hug me, kissing me on the cheek, doing the same to Emily. The same process happened with all the other boys except Louis, he just stood and stared at me from across the room.

LOUIS' POV

Omg, who was this girl? She looked breath taking in that floaty top, and those jeans really showed off that great arse...focus Louis! She's just a fan... but she's not, she seemed different, the way she looked truly grateful for being here, not just obsessed with getting pictures and autographs, in fact, her phone was still in her pocket. The way her brown hair rested against her back, her grey eyes twinkling in the light. That smile, it gleamed each time she hugged each guy, she was just...perfect.

"Lou?" I heard Harry's voice next to me "look mate, stop drooling, talk to her and maybe you'll get somewhere!"

"She won't go for me, she clearly likes Liam more, or Zayn, or Niall, or you!"

"Come on mate, we all know the press make me out to be a player, Liam's with Danielle, Zayn's got Perri, and her best mate and Niall clearly like each other, leaving only you!"

"But..."

"But what, boobear, you haven't had a girlfriend or even a date since you and Eleanor broke up because you found her with some guy in a night club, this would be good for you mate."

"I don't know, Harry, she just seems too good to be true, she's perfect, what if she doesn't like me?"

"oh, come on, you're part of one direction, of course she likes you!"

"Yeah, but-"

"No more but's, go talk to her."

"Maybe later,"

"Not gonna happen Lou, she's walking towards you," Harry walked away, I was about to call after him when Rachel was stood beside me.

"Hi L-Louis," she stuttered, I really made her that nervous?

"Hey love, how are you?" I asked, pulling her into a hug, it was a perfect oppurtunity, she smelled of lemons and lime, it was lovely.

"I'm amazing, I never thought I would be here in a million years, it's brilliant, especially meeting you" she said winking, wow, she was shy to start off with but after that kiss, it was like she was a completely different person.

"haha, I can tell I'm gonna like you" oh...my...god did I really just say that?! Rachel just blushed, god did she look amazing. "umm,  I didn't mean it like that-"

"It's fine, honestly, I was feeling the same way too" Rachel winked at me, giggling as she saw me smirk

"umm, shall we go to the party?"

"yeah, let's go!" everyone chorused at the same time, as we were led by Paul, I felt a hand reach across my back to rest on my butt. I gasped and turned to look at Rachel who was laughing, I don't think I'll be going home tonight alone...