*Chapter Sixty-Seven

Miri stood before Hibiki, her eyes blazing with justice-seeking anger.

"You could've been beside us. You could've forced the world to accept you. Why would you side with the heroes over your own family?" He demanded.

"The heroes are my family!" She slammed her fist against his stomach. "They treated me better than either of you have!"

"It's a lie!" He hissed, grabbing her arm.

"Oh, and you're just an honest saint, now aren't you?" She mocked him.

"Well, I'd like to think so." He swung her body around, letting her fly through the sky like a sack of potatoes.

A wall of ice came up around her, stopping her from flying far. Miri looked down to see Todoroki engaged with a few thugs, but still looking after her.

She blew a kiss at him, which he took with a smile while spinning his fire around the thugs.

"Hey, Frost Bitch!" Bakugo called, blowing up into the sky beside her. "If fighting your dad is anything like fighting you, then you should be a walk in the park!" He grinned.

Miri shook her head at him. "Sure, Bakugo." She shot off from the ice, flying back towards Hibiki.

"You better kick his ass!" He called after her, tearing back into his own fight with Alzaro.

Miri flew at Hibiki like a bullet. She flipped her body around, aiming her feet for his head, but his arm came up to block it.

"I've seen all these moves a dozen times." He grabbed her foot and slammed her to the ground. "There is nothing you can use against me I already won't have a counter for, Miri."

Her eyes narrowed. She slammed her hand down on the ground, an explosion of darkness coming from the place her hand touched. Hibiki released her leg to cover his face, taking a few steps back.

"Just because you've had experience with both of my parents doesn't mean you'll be anymore prepared for me." She growled, sending a shadow ball into his stomach. "I've got a secret power neither you nor my parents could ever have."

"If you say friendship, I will literally crush your skull with my pinky-toe." He slammed his fist into the ground, cracking it with the force of him.

Miri pressed her lips into a line. "Well then."

Hibiki spun in a circle, his tail coming straight for Miri's face. White tape came racing forward, grabbing his tail a few feet before it made contact.

"Hey, that's not cool!" Sero shook his head at Hibiki. "You should be careful where you're swinging that thing. You could really hurt someone."

Hibiki growled and pulled at the tape, sending Sero flying towards Miri.

Miri caught him, but not before getting knocked over by him in the process.

"For being so skinny..." Miri panted. "You hurt."

"It's the elbows." He shrugged.

"Figured."

Hibiki stomped forward, his foot raised to smash it down on the two of them.

Miri threw Sero and rolled aside.

However, she wasn't quick enough. His foot came down on her hair, pinning her in place. A sharp squeal escaped her as she was yanked against his foot.

Hibiki leaned down, grabbing her neck again. "Ya know, long hair is so pretty." He mused. "But it's very annoying to get anything done. You would have thought you learned your lesson. Especially from last time." His hand moved from her neck to grab her hair, dragging her behind him.