*Chapter Twelve*

When Miri could see again, she saw the ground below her. She also saw it getting closer and closer, which sent the blood in her body racing through her veins.

She braced herself for the rocky ground as she landed heavily against it, cracking the ground with the sheer weight of herself. The air escaped her lungs and all she could do was lay there as she tried to regain her breath.

The warp above her was still open as Todoroki fell through it, directly above her.

The boy slammed into her, knocking the air she had just gotten back in her lungs right back out again.

"Why-" She wheezed out, coughing.

Why did everyone use her as their own pillow?

Todoroki pushed himself off her. "Sorry."

Miri held up a thumb, too busy coughing.

She pushed herself to her feet, looking around. "They separated everyone?" She looked around the entire building but didn't see any sight of anyone.

"It seems so." He looked around the area, his voice clipped. It reminded Miri that he was upset about something.

Were they close enough for her to ask what was wrong?

"Uh...are you...injured?" She settled for that.

"What? No." He barely glanced at her.

"Then...are you okay? You seem...angry." She forced out.

He looked at her, incredulous. "It's not like we're on a mountain we're not supposed to be on. Or they spread everyone out around the building. There's a villain attack and you're worried about my personal feelings? Focus, Miri."

She pressed her lips into a line at the reprimand, cheeks heating. "Right...I was just..." She decided not to finish, averting her eyes from his.

He didn't give it a second thought and looked around the mountain. "Let's get back to the class." He began walking down the mountain.

Miri nodded and followed behind him.

'What is wrong with me? Why am I getting so bent up around this boy?'  She thought to herself.

They walked in silence mostly. Thoughts raced through Miri's head, trying to find something to say to him. She hated the awkward silence.

Goosebumps crawled down Miri's arm once again. Her green and purple eyes lifted to scan the area surrounding them. "Something's wrong."

Not even a second after the words left her mouth, a gathering of the people who came through the portal before appeared before them.

A fire seemed to light itself inside of Miri. Her body glowed its familiar green aura as she curled her fist.

Todoroki held an arm in front of her, stopping her from moving any further.

"If you don't want to be frozen, stay out of the way." He pushed his foot forward, moving to send ice across the ground.

She raised an eyebrow at him. She was not one for sitting back and watching others have all the fun.

Miri moved faster than he did, shoving his arm out of the way and messing his trajectory up, causing him to miss them. "Miri!" He called out, but watched her move, transfixed like he was when he watched her train with Kirishima a few days ago.

Her glowing green body met the thugs head-on, sending punch after punch to their faces. They did their fair share of damage to her. Bruises had littered her body, but disappeared within seconds. Miri overwhelmed the thugs quickly, smugly up-showing Todoroki. At the last guy, Miri merely slammed a well-aimed punch into his stomach.