*Chapter Twenty-Nine*

Miri had shoved her phone quickly into her pants as five men smashed through the windows and door. She was concealed within a dark corner, her body quickly melting within the shadow in a panic.

"I heard a little voice in here..." One of them hissed. "Little lamb~"

Miri shuddered. Suddenly, her back pocket erupted with a ringing and vibration as someone called her phone.

"Midoriya!" She hissed and fumbled for the device. She turned it off completely and looked up to see the men had found her location.

"What's this? Little lamb hiding in a dark corner?" His hand reached out to grab her dark form, but Miri dipped down into the shadows on the floor.

Her vision immediately went purple as she stared up at their outlined forms standing above her. Keeping to the wall, she shadow traveled across the room, barely a blob passing on the dark floor.

The room was too well lit to really let her true powers shine, but she had to do something.

From the looks of it, they had no obvious quirks that she could see, but she doubted they didn't have at least one of some sort among them.

Miri clenched her sore hands and held one up. A shadow ball formed in her palm and Miri sent it flying at their group.

They turned in time to dodge her attack, and Miri grit her teeth.

"A shadow manipulator?" One of them sneered. "She's out of her element in the morning. No wonder they have her in this dark room. If we just create more light though..."

He held up a flashlight and shined it in every corner. Miri was caught in the light like a surprised deer. The power of the darkness left her body, and she stumbled.

"There you are!" He smiled. "Let's grab her while we can and get out of here. It doesn't look like there's much else here for us."

Miri grit her teeth. She wasn't powerless in this scenario. "Why are you guys doing this? These are innocent people!"

"Blah blah blah." He moaned. "I don't think it concerns you. Just do us a favor and come nice and quiet."

"I'm not doing anything for you." She growled. A green aura covered her body as she powered her other quirk.

She flew from her corner, smashing her fist into the guy holding the flashlight. He was slammed into the wall by the force of her punch, and Miri didn't waste any time rounding off on the other one.

With three guys remaining, and Miri running low on energy from her less than pleasant morning run, she knew it would be difficult to get out of this room.

"You're a problem child, aren't you?" One of them pulled a knife out.

"That just depends who you ask." Miri danced away from him as he swiped at her with his blade.

"Stop talking!" He growled, desperately slashing at her.

'These guys are nothing. How were they able to take an entire town's women and children?' She watched his sloppy knife work. 'Unless they're not the ones in charge...'

"You're as intimidating as your skills with a knife." She caught his wrist and twisted his shoulder around his back until he dropped the knife. "I'll ask you a few questions, and if you want to walk away from this with all your bones in one piece, you'll answer them. Are we clear?"

"Go to hell." He spat, trying to pull against her.

His remaining two goons took one look at their partner's situation and bolted out the windows. She smirked.