*Chapter Three*

Not too long after that night, school had started.

Miri didn't know what to expect on her first day. As she was walking up to the school, she took this as an opportunity to watch what students went here. There were many people of different ethnicities and appearances that excited Miri. There weren't nearly as many people at her old school as there were here.

However, that also reminded her she had no friends here. She was going to this new school with no one to talk to, and the thought scared her.

However, if she made friends with these people, they'd find out about her, right? They'd find out about her...other quirk and would immediately know who her mom is?

She could get them both in trouble if she wasn't careful.

She walked down the crowded hallways, still people watching. Her face wasn't the child-like wonder as it was before seeing all these unfamiliar people.

She didn't want to do what her mother wanted her to do, but her mother made it clear Miri didn't have a choice. As long as her mother had a way to get to her, Miri was trapped between a rock and a hard place.

She stood in front of the door to her new classroom and took a few deep breaths. She could do this. She could-

"If you're not going to go in, move out of the way." A deep voice said behind her.

Miri felt her body stiffen. She turned to see a boy with white and red hair and a rather icy gaze staring at her. A red scar over his left eye caught Miri's attention for a few seconds, but then the rest of her gaze traveled over his face. Like her, he had heterochromia. Miri thought he was rather handsome.

'This is him. Endeavor's son.' Miri thought as she stared up at him. She couldn't find any words to say and couldn't quite get herself to move.

Being near him, she could feel the power radiating from his body alone. His gaze was intimidating, certain intimidation she only felt from her mother.

"Well?" He demanded, his eyes hardened and Miri felt her heart rate pick up. Why is he making her feel like this?

"Right." She forced out and turned around stiffly. 'Apologize!' She mentally screamed at herself, but all she could do was put her hand on the door and open it.

She scooted into the classroom and made room for him to walk past her. She opened her mouth to apologize, or even ask for his name, but he briskly passed her, sending a glare over his shoulder directly into her eyes.

Miri's mouth shut instantly and mild irritation coursed through her.

She quickly found a seat in the room and sat down in it. What was his deal? Did he have to be so...cold?

Miri cast a glance around the room and saw only a handful of people were actually there. She looked at the boy from the door who was staring outside the window.

"Endeavor's son," Nightmare explained that morning. "is different. Like you, he has two powerful quirks of his own. The flames he got from his father, and then whatever his mother had. He could be one of the strongest students in U.A., even stronger than you. He's not a joke. He poses more of a threat to your mission than any other variable. You need to be smart about this, Mirianne."

The boy turned his head, just a little, and noticed Miri staring. Flustered, she immediately turned away and stared at the front.

She played with the black portion of her hair, conflicted. She didn't want to do what her mother wanted.

But how could she go about making sure that both herself and the boy and his family got out of this?